Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Dalo gets very upset when people point out they talk about gambling too much.

Shame because it’s a very good podcast otherwise.

Anyway back to Cork in 2023, I think if we got to a semi final it’d be a really good year for us.
I stopped listening to it in the end last year. It was like a non-stop advert for that betting group they got going.

Right now - instead of Power (although Power is really motoring). Harnedy or Tim to 14 to accommodate from that selection.

Barrett is playing really well, great work rate and the shooting is starting to get back to 2021 levels.
Completely agree. He’s been very impressive lately.

Right now - instead of Power (although Power is really motoring). Harnedy or Tim to 14 to accommodate from that selection.

Barrett is playing really well, great work rate and the shooting is starting to get back to 2021 levels.
Fair point. Picking a 15 isn’t as black and white as some make out, there are probably 20-25 genuine contenders for a starting place and they all have a case to make, and we all have different opinions

junior footballer

I never underated Gearoid Hegarty's performance in last years final but if one doesn't analize in relative terms then there isn't even a point in Cork turning up. My point is that Paddy Deegan is a seriously good wing-back, didn't do much wrong and was defeated by a MOM performance by Hegarty. Deegan's lack of pace was the main thing shown up and it was throughout the KK team in the final, yet it was only in the last 8 minutes Limerick won the game. KK had even a larger problem with pace v Cork in '21. Paddy Deegan's performance was much better in the '22 final than Conor Fogarty's was on Niall O'Meara in the '19 final. This is why I stated the player marking Hegarty has to have fast recovery at wing-back and neither D. Cahalane or R. Downey have same so we have to look at Ger Millerick or one of the new players for that role maybe Eoin Downey, Tommy O'Connell, Ben O'Connor or if the mid-field is settled with Roche, O'Mahony or Twomey then one could look at Darragh Fitzgibbon for wing-back on someone like Hegarty. The motive will always be to limit him not over powering him physically. Charley Sheen points out the stats on your correct assessment of Hegarty's AI final performance but is correct regarding Ger Millerick as a very likely defender to carry out damage limitation which I predicted.

red&blue is right about one thing though, as Cork fans we have a lot more to be concerned about before they play Limerick in championship.

Last edited:
Dalo gets very upset when people point out they talk about gambling too much.

Shame because it’s a very good podcast otherwise.

Anyway back to Cork in 2023, I think if we got to a semi final it’d be a really good year for us.
Back to Cork
League form good. Massively encouraged by the performance of young new players ( R Downey, O Callaghan & TOC in the backs Roche & Twomey midfield, Barrett & Power in the forwards)

As previous posters have mentioned, this is medium/long term project, we have huge injury isdues, but lets have a right cut this year and see what happens.

Compared the doom and gloom and tippy tappy of the past 2 years, its been a breath of fresh air so far.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cork Pride: Party At The Port
Kennedy Quay, Cork City

4th Aug 2024 @ 3:00 pm
More info..

DJ Mossy (Crystal Bar)

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼