Cork Hurlers - Part 2

No we haven’t. That’s my point for years. Big sea change in attitude so far this year
I’m confident the refreshing of the team will light a fire under some of those inclined to shy away from workrate and intensity. Likes of Jack O’Connor could find themselves out if they don’t step it up.

Expecting a good game tomorrow. Clare will come out all guns blazing as this will more than likely be their last competitive game before championship. For Cork, lots of lads getting their chance to put their hand up for both a starting place and a spot on the panel.

Big day for a lot of lads. First time seeing Daire at number 3, and will have his hand full on Aidan McCarthy or any of the 3 inside forwards for Clare. Rob at 6 is interesting with two inexperienced lads beside him in Cathal and Cormac.

Ethan needs a big game after last week as does Brian Hayes. Two lads who I feel will be playing in their more natural positions. Hoping to see big games from them two who I feel have bags of ability. Likewise, Deccie was poor last week but he showed against Galway what he can do and he simply needs to step up tomorrow to put his hand up for a place on the team.

Then we have a very exciting full forward line in Jack, Paudie and Alan. I don't know much about Cian Nolan, but with Cleary and Flanagan the lads will get nothing easy.

All in all, the result isn't very important however the performance is. We have about 20-25 lads fighting for 15 places and with the likes of Tim, Darragh and Hoggy all to come back, everyone needs to die with their boots on tomorrow. Even more importantly, we have to go up to Ennis to play them in championship. We have an appalling record up there so we need to lay down a marker tomorrow and tear into them from the first minute. On paper Clare have a much stronger team out so I'd expect them to win, but it'll be interesting to see how we fair against probably 13 out of Clare's starting 15.
Jack Alan and Pop has a good ring to it alright

I’m confident the refreshing of the team will light a fire under some of those inclined to shy away from workrate and intensity. Likes of Jack O’Connor could find themselves out if they don’t step it up.
Hope it does but they have to prove it on the pitch, we can’t be carrying passengers. The work ethic we have is based on everyone putting in the work, Pat won’t carry passengers

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

His Father's Voice

Coughlan's, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼