Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Any update on SOD?
I didn’t ask but from what Pat Ryan has said he’ll be back soon. Hopefully for League semi final.
Yes He sums it up well . Today's match v Clare will really tell Pat Ryan where we are at . This will be a very difficult game. The likes of Daire o Leary. C mcormack 2 Roches . Twomey Dalton A CadoganPower and O Connor can really Help or Hinder there case today good luck to them all
I agree with all that. Clare will be well up for it and we’ll find out how up to it some of our younger lads are.
Good article as usual. One thing I'd add is that if Cork are doing about as well in the league as they did last year in terms of performance (which seens broadly right to me), that's still an improvement given that this year Ryan has been fielding very inexperienced sides and trying (with mixed success) to adjust the playing style. That's not all down to Ryan's own choices (a lot of the more experienced players have been unavailable due to injuries or Fitzgibbon), but the end result is that up to half a dozen players have made decent cases to be considered for the championship twenty-six.
That’s a really good point in fairness. Only worrying thing for me is lack of game time so far for quite a few of our most experienced players. Hopefully they’ll be back for league semi final.

Yes He sums it up well . Today's match v Clare will really tell Pat Ryan where we are at . This will be a very difficult game. The likes of Daire o Leary. C mcormack 2 Roches . Twomey Dalton A CadoganPower and O Connor can really Help or Hinder there case today good luck to them all
Good article by Christy alright. This will be a serious test… Clare are 1/2 in the betting and that’s a pretty safe bet when you see the strength of both selections. Not sure does it ‘really tell Pat Ryan where we are at’ though - we’ve qualified and are picking a team with 5 or 6 first choice players, they have 13 first choice and need to win to have a chance of progressing. All about attitude and intensity today - don’t mind if we lose by 5 or 6 once we put it up to them for 70 minutes.

Good article by Christy alright. This will be a serious test… Clare are 1/2 in the betting and that’s a pretty safe bet when you see the strength of both selections. Not sure does it ‘really tell Pat Ryan where we are at’ though - we’ve qualified and are picking a team with 5 or 6 first choice players, they have 13 first choice and need to win to have a chance of progressing. All about attitude and intensity today - don’t mind if we lose by 5 or 6 once we put it up to them for 70 minutes.
Are you fcuking serious

Lads here making excuses already, we’re short this fella and that fella, get on with it, it’s another opportunity for the younger fellas and if they perform I hope he sticks with them the next day. Guys not on the panel today won’t be fit for next weekend anyway, they are not Lazarus

Misty day in Ennis, this will be a battle

Lads here making excuses already, we’re short this fella and that fella, get on with it, it’s another opportunity for the younger fellas and if they perform I hope he sticks with them the next day. Guys not on the panel today won’t be fit for next weekend anyway, they are not Lazarus

To be fair I think most are being realistic. This will be a bigger test than any of the previous league matches. A near full strength team away from home with the list of injuries we have. I agree with previous posters. All about attitude and intensity today.

All the pressure is on Clare today. They've put all their eggs in 1 basket., while we're already through to the semis. If Clare lose to this young and experimental Cork side, it'll be a nice dent to their confidence pre-Championship.

Weather update

Mist has turned to heavy rain, shocking day here now

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

27th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼