Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Damien Cahalane has been our most consistent defender the last 18 months imo, narrowly pipping Sean O Donoghue. Well worth his place on the team at the moment. I've seen a huge improvement in him tbh.

I think a more direct style will suits him more at #7. Now, I'm not saying he's a guaranteed starter this year but fair is fair, and his form deserves some recognition.
Cork's best hurler and defender in the past year has been Ciaran Joyce by a country mile.

Possible Team (without Robbie)

Patrick Collins
Sean O Donoghue - Eoin Downey - Niall O Leary
Ger Millerick - Ciaran Joyce - Robert Downey
Brian Roche - Luke Meade
Tim O Mahony - Darragh Fitzgibbon- Declan Dalton
Alan Connolly - Brian Hayes - Patrick Horgan
Here it is in black & white for all to see, hypocrisy in it's greatest form!

Ah blue that’s harsh, really harsh, Ger will be a good solid player in his own right for Cork, just like Damien, no need to be knocking him or comparing him to others
Damien wasn’t a full back at any stage in his club career as far as I know.. middle third man.. and one of the top hurlers club championship for the last 10 years.. I was told he was asked by cork management who had no other real options to fill the massive hole at fb for a number of years. He sacrificed his own game..

r&b

You are even correcting bluesball on your own carry on which has been a bias on your own club players and that is the real disrespect to all players, double standards by you of the highest order. Fox Leary is at the same on the Football forum.

I read your posts and state it's childish to be chopping and changing as often as you do but the fact is he wasn't on the team you selected despite insisting that I have to select him every time. I thought you might be getting sense when you didn't include him but of course that couldn't possibly be the case. You obviously didn't read my post whereby I praised Damien's 2nd half performance last Saturday night. As wing backs you compared Rob Downey to Damien but you can't see they both lack recovery for the position, when I pointed this out you can only see it as a slur on Damien.

It is you who is doing the following around, anytime Damien is mentioned by me to another poster you jump on it.

For your information I met Damien at Pairc Ui Chaoimh on a Saturday afternoon about 3 years ago and he greeted my buddy and myself and we returned the compliment, we didn't engage in the pettiness of which you refer. I know his Dad Niall nearly 40 years and spoke GAA with him on many occasions. I don't think he would be impressed that some gombeen on a website defends his son at all cost when discussing his son as a hurler, I believe he would be much too honest for that kind of rubbish.
Dont mention that Foxy Leary, he's ruining the Football forum. Comparing R&B to him is out of order.

I know you’re a bit slow on the uptake so I’ll quote you again seeing as it’s not computing
What kind of a nutter tells everyone he has to be on the team because he is 'Barrs

Show me where I said that

Cause you couldn’t be lying could you?

Take your time nut job

Last edited:
When is the panel being cut? We are carrying a huge amount of forwards currently. Expect some big names to be cut.

Cadogan
Horgan
Dalton
Hayes
Jack O C
Robbie O Flynn
Ben cunningham
Roche
Harnedy
S Twomey
Kingston
Lehane
Beausang
Barrett
Meade
Alan Connolly
Conor Cahalane
Hi All,

First time posting here.

There's at least 6/7 on this list that must be dropped if Cork hurling wants to move forward.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼