Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I would think any rational human would have grave doubts on any Hawkeye call for the past number of weeks after yesterday……I think for the sake of the competitions people will park that and move on, fair or n
Anyone else looking back at our 1 point loss to Galway, with all those high up wides and, after yesterday, wondering if Hawkeye called them correctly (not just the ones it was asked about, but ones where it intervened and, more to the point, ones where it didn't intervene but maybe it should have done)?
Complete mess, as well as unfair to the players especially. I expect GAA to brush it under the mat, and move on.

Concern is a big word, It interests me me that cork people can get so obsessed with the brilliance of a young man that has literally done nothing much so far.

The pressure of this kind of nonsense is ludicrous
Pa O Callaghan was the previous lord god almighty

I wouldnt be making these kind of claims about the impact of Aidan McCarthy in a clare context next year and he has delivered in serious matchs for the clare seniors already before his injury
You were making the Clare minors out to be highly regarded and referred to Cyril Lyons in doing so, yet they only had one really good forward.

I rate Aidan McCarthy but not comparing him to Deccie Dalton. Dalton is also built like a bear as well as being 6'2" and you deem him to be average size. You only seem to be interested in size when referring to good hurlers and you maintain that Brian Lohan has brought Clare on a ton in the S&C department, yet they were blown away by Kilkenny. The concern I have is that Deccie should be on the panel because of his versatility and free taking expertise and that Pat Ryan and Co. will see same. Kingstons management took free taking for granted at Cork's expense and the the evidence is there with Hoggy dropped and Dalton not included.

Pa O'Callaghan was messed about by the Denis Ring and Pat Kenneally regimes at Cork underage and later didn't want to train with Cork at senior level, based on what went on I don't blame him one iota. He had no interest in the rigours of senior inter-county. It's obvious you didn't see him play at juvenile level when you doubt his talent.

Yes he did, was seen as windy and flaky, turned out to be our greatest ever, goalies need experience to grow into the role

Certainly windy down in Killarney when he didn't blow Nicky English ball and all down the pitch.

And I don't think I ever forgave him for turning his @rse on the KK shots in '82/'83

Christ, Cusack isn’t fit to lace Cunningham’s boots as a goalie, Ger was far superior. And Ger Power was a great goalie at club level but he could never shift Cunningham from the Cork jersey and rightfully so

Seriously? R&B

Time you took off the B glasses and realised Ger Blue wasn't the supreme keeper you seem to think he was. And Cusack for all his annoying traits, was a top keeper. I'd certainly put them on a par as keepers over all. The suggestion that Cusack isn't fit to lace Cunningham's boots as a goalie is risible imho.

Seriously? R&B

Time you took off the B glasses and realised Ger Blue wasn't the supreme keeper you seem to think he was. And Cusack for all his annoying traits, was a top keeper. I'd certainly put them on a par as keepers over all. The suggestion that Cusack isn't fit to lace Cunningham's boots as a goalie is risible imho.
No hiding place for keepers, Cusack made a great save from shefflin in 04 final but was beaten very easily by comerford in 03
final.

No hiding place for keepers, Cusack made a great save from shefflin in 04 final but was beaten very easily by comerford in 03
final.

Perhaps you're too young to remember the fallibilities of Ger Blue jimmy. Are you going to try back up the suggestion that Cusack isn't fit to lace the boots of Cunningham as a goalie? :oops:

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sarah Buckley & Bróna Keogh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Open Mic

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼