Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Unnecessarily clinging on to that PH. If robbie has done enough to come in, which (even though i've also had faith in him in my selection) is unlikely, PR shouldn't drop SB to fit him in.
Ah here lad you don’t half make it half obvious about your dislike of Hoggy. He was poor against Waterford but did enough against Clare to start again against Limerick.
Every team you’ve picked this year, you haven’t even had him in the four subs on.
We all have opinions here but your obvious bias is pathetic.

Yesterday a statement was made about a Cork hurler who has broken the law. Uproar followed.

The same brigade saying a lot worse about Donal Óg here today. Character assassination and homophobic remarks just glossed over.

Nothing he said wasn’t true. But fellas up in arms because he said it about our own.

If Pat Ryan and the Cork Senior Hulring Squad have an issue with anyone speaking about them on TV and calling it as it is, they should start with putting a noteworthy win on the board. Then build from there.

Someone here called us the nearly men earlier. ‘Nearly’ what? Nearly not an embarrassment is it? We have a delusional bunch of supporters who think we will win it every year. And a senior hurling team that hasn’t delivered for a long long time. Cork hurling is a fucking joke, and anyone getting upset at a few statements on the TV is part of the problem.

And to anyone who will point to the word loyalty and tell me he shouldnt say it about our own, Donal Og gave as much and maybe more, and certainly won fucking more than the shower of prima donnas we have now. And he represented every Corkman here, so get off yer high horses about having a go at our own, because yer doing the same thing.
The amount of s*** and insults people spout ANONYMOUSLY about current players, management, D Og etc in the name of supporting Cork hurling is grim.

God only knows the motivation behind some of the posts but it sure as s*** isn't for the love or good of Cork hurling.

Listening to the Hurling Pod on OTB - point being made that questioning players character is "beyond the pale" and worse than some of the crap you see around the Premier League.
I agree. Fair play to them for saying it.

It was good to see Donal Óg defend Pa Collins on the Sunday Game last night. It's fairly self explanatory the point he made that puckout tactics are down the pecking order compared to basic effort, tracking back and tough defending -> the non-negotiables of the game.

I just hope who ever the 20 are that gets the chance to represent on Saturday night just empty the tank and leave it all out there.

We can go into tactics and pretend we're all Paul Kinnerick here at the keyboard ;)

So is you calling me a dope constructive personal criticism????
Here's the rocket science, an analyst literally pointed out where Cork could improve their defense for next week, with a video example, its almost the dictionary definition of constructive criticism but you and some other on here cant understand that....take personality out if and whatever agenda you have against Cusack. He only said what I'm sure he demanded as the standard in an 3x All Ireland winning dressing room.
No, calling you a dope was me expressing annoyance that you're misrepresenting what I said.
I have ABSOLUTELY no agenda against DoC. None what so f***** ever.
I agree with some stuff he says but not all.
You've been living on here too long mate if you think every objection to something DoC says is rooted in a dislike of him.

I take issue with him bringing something as nebulous and subjective such as "spirit" and "right to wear" the jersey into his analysis.
That's the personal part, that is not constructive criticism.

No issue with him saying that Cork could have defended that goal better.

It's the fact that he attributed it to the personality of the players that I think is wrong.

No, calling you a dope was me expressing annoyance that you're misrepresenting what I said.
I have ABSOLUTELY no agenda against DoC. None what so f***** ever.
I agree with some stuff he says but not all.
You've been living on here too long mate if you think every objection to something DoC says is rooted in a dislike of him.

I take issue with him bringing something as nebulous and subjective such as "spirit" and "right to wear" the jersey into his analysis.
That's the personal part, that is not constructive criticism.

No issue with him saying that Cork could have defended that goal better.

It's the fact that he attributed it to the personality of the players that I think is wrong.
I'd say you're a pity but here I am arguing with you on an anonymous website....but here goes.... you're upset that I misrepresented you, but you've going on some tirade that Cusack personally offended someone when all he did was name the 7 players in the clip and suggested that they do better, wtf is he supposed to do pixelate them to protect their identities. Where's the personal part??? I just don't hear it, and I've just watched back the clips again.

Listening to the Hurling Pod on OTB - point being made that questioning players character is "beyond the pale" and worse than some of the crap you see around the Premier League.
I agree. Fair play to them for saying it.
Agree totally. We heard a former failed Cork coach, now an analyst on national tv on Sunday night, questioning Cork players saying they were wearing the wrong jersey.
Grotesque

Let us enjoy the next 5 days of hopes and dreams as we dream and imagine cork winning on Saturday night; hoping that finally the correct team is picked, hoping that finally decisions are made on time and quickly, hoping that each player ‘fronts up’, hoping that by Saturday evening we are still in the competition and can head to thurles the following week with even further hope……but I think next Sunday morning will be difficult after reality and hope collide

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Centre Stage School Footworks 2024

Cork Opera House, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼