Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Straight from the puck-out Tomas Mulcahy scored a goal at the other end.

I remember at the time wondering why on earth the umpire was waving such an obvious deflection wide, and the only conclusion I could come to at the time was he was emphatically saying that it wasn't a goal. Nothing else made any sense either 🤷‍♂️

Pretty sure that GC started to wear a helmet in goal after a clash in the county in the late 1980s with Glen Rover's (KD for those who remember) where GC ended up requiring stitches in his head. Certainly the first keeper I can remember to wear a helmet.
yah that sounds about right! they beat the glen in the 88 final... same side of the head too iirc

Nice swerve of the question there again jimmy. Cusack started for Cork in 1996 and was selected for Munster as late as 2012. Are you going to contend that he was "not fit enough to lace the boots of Ger Cunningham" as a goalie. Straightforward question jimmy.
I never said cusack wasnt fit to lace GCs boots, I rated Cusack very highly,

We all
Seriously? R&B

Time you took off the B glasses and realised Ger Blue wasn't the supreme keeper you seem to think he was. And Cusack for all his annoying traits, was a top keeper. I'd certainly put them on a par as keepers over all. The suggestion that Cusack isn't fit to lace Cunningham's boots as a goalie is risible imho.
We all have our opinions, that’s mine. Ger was naturally talented whereas Donal Og was less so but worked very hard to improve his game. You’re the one who’s getting wound up about it all 🤣

I never said cusack wasnt fit to lace GCs boots, I rated Cusack very highly,

The discussion was whether or not DOG was fit enough to lace the boots of GC as a goalie as claimed by another barrsman. You chimed in with a frailty that DOG had in your mind.

To which I responded:
Perhaps you're too young to remember the fallibilities of Ger Blue jimmy. Are you going to try back up the suggestion that Cusack isn't fit to lace the boots of Cunningham as a goalie?

Then you told us about how good GC was, again avoiding the direct comparisson. I merely asked you if you'd answer the question.

That you can't stand over the suggestion that DOG couldn't lace GC's boots as a goalie says it all though. :cool:

The discussion was whether or not DOG was fit enough to lace the boots of GC as a goalie as claimed by another barrsman. You chimed in with a frailty that DOG had in your mind.

To which I responded:
Perhaps you're too young to remember the fallibilities of Ger Blue jimmy. Are you going to try back up the suggestion that Cusack isn't fit to lace the boots of Cunningham as a goalie?

Then you told us about how good GC was, again avoiding the direct comparisson. I merely asked you if you'd answer the question.

That you can't stand over the suggestion that DOG couldn't lace GC's boots as a goalie says it all though. :cool:
Let it go man 🤣

We all

We all have our opinions, that’s mine. Ger was naturally talented whereas Donal Og was less so but worked very hard to improve his game. You’re the one who’s getting wound up about it all 🤣

I just called you on your BS and you and yer pal ran for cover 😇

At least DOG tried to improve his game. GC was a scaredy cat - seems it may be a general barrs thing ;)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼