Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Clare were not competitive until lohan drove s and c standards
Shane O'Donnell and Peter Duggan were only there for a short period of all this S&C but it doesn't affect them missing out.

Tony Kelly was hurler of the year in 2013 without the Lohan input and I'm sure he'll attain the same award this year and he's no big strong man.

I'm sure the mighty Lohan addressed all aspects of Clare's play, he also improved Clare's discipline big time despite the controversy surrounding Hayes and Duggan in the Munster final.

Sheedy on about S&C again and building the Cork players up physically. Donal Og then saying Galway can match Limerick physically. Cork dominated the game yesterday because they won most rucks and mauls with Galway and did not lose out physically. However precision left Cork down, basic skills called accuracy and good finishing. The myth that Cork are extremely skilful but physically weak is farcical. How long has Ciaran Joyce done S&C over all the other Cork players, yet he was the best player on the field yesterday.

Sheedy on about S&C again and building the Cork players up physically. Donal Og then saying Galway can match Limerick physically. Cork dominated the game yesterday because they won most rucks and mauls with Galway and did not lose out physically. However precision left Cork down, basic skills called accuracy and good finishing. The myth that Cork are extremely skilful but physically weak is farcical. How long has Ciaran Joyce done S&C over all the other Cork players, yet he was the best player on the field yesterday.
Spot on.
Cork were neither outmuscled nor outfought by Galway yesterday.
Happened to get to Semple at the same time as the Galway team, and thought that they had some huge mofos compared to us.
That didn't translate into them wiping us out physically.
Lots of whining about Mark Coleman here as usual but I think he was well able for the thunder yesterday and physically stood his ground, think he looks well stronger and broke some bruising tackles.

Sheedy also said he'd be giving them a program tonight if he was in charge. I do think that's important. Whoever is in charge must get up and running quickly. We have no more time for dicking around. That panel should be meeting this week, wallowing in the hurt, bonding in their desire to never leave a game behind them again.

I've said it a few times this year. Mentality is the major issue with this group. They've improved their work-rate immensely - hat's off. Now they need to develop that confidence, that chip, that desire. They need to hurt together. And they need to know how they put it right - STARTING NOW.

I believe Kingston should stand aside and allow somebody else to bring the mentality that he failed to bring. But I also acknowledge that he definitely brought the work-rate, movement and skill. Regardless of what he plans to do himself, he can do this team a huge favour by getting them together ASAP.
Ah lads, seriously?! 🤣
Next level genius Sheedy.
In the name of God that's about the most basic inane advice anyone would give and a bit of an insult to the intelligence of the Cork set up to think that they are not already someway down that road.

Ah lads, seriously?! 🤣
In the name of God that's about the most basic inane advice anyone would give and a bit of an insult to the intelligence of the Cork set up to think that they are not already someway down that road.
True.
The Cork players, management and backroom staff were watching TSG tonight and lightbulbs must have gone off over all their heads.
"Strength and conditioning for our players? What a great idea, why didn't we think of that before?"

Always a clue that a panel haven't a notion about strength and conditioning is when they associate players cramping with a lack of fitness like they said about Galway.
Cramping has nothing to do with a lack of fitness or conditioning. For a start it's caused by the nerve not the muscle.

Ah lads, seriously?! 🤣
I think maybe you misunderstood the post, or I wasn't clear enough. The point is not that he'd give a program, but that he'd give it TONIGHT. If nothing else, this man understands psychology. He knows how to have a team believing in themselves when nobody else does - Tipp 2010. That process must start ASAP - not in six months time.

On S&C itself - there has been huge improvement. But Cork are not at the Limerick level and didn't win those 'rucks' because of their strength. They've been coached to try and keep the ball moving, on the ground if necessary, and as much as possible - another good thing Kingston did on his watch. They are winning ball in the air though, and that's something Cork haven't done in years.

There are a lot of positives. Those positives have to be taken onboard by the players ASAP. We can't afford to let them start questioning themselves anymore.

True.
The Cork players, management and backroom staff were watching TSG tonight and lightbulbs must have gone off over all their heads.
"Strength and conditioning for our players? What a great idea, why didn't we think of that before?"

Always a clue that a panel haven't a notion about strength and conditioning is when they associate players cramping with a lack of fitness like they said about Galway.
Cramping has nothing to do with a lack of fitness or conditioning. For a start it's caused by the nerve not the muscle.
Cramping has nothing to do with a lack of fitness
Are you fcuking serious?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

17th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼