Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Despite all the talk on all platforms, Horgan didn't do all the scoring in the 2nd half. There was impact from Cadogan with his 3 pts from play off bench, Fitzgibbon, O'Flynn and Kingston with the goal. Hindsight is 20/20. Lehane was form forward into the game and Horgan was struggling to make any impact from play this year.

How anyone could blame mgmt yesterday is beyond me. 12-13 wides in 1st half and 3 very good goal chances botched. Then the goals conceded were two individual errors. Was just one of those days. I honestly think we're probably better off. We're not ready to take on a juggernaut like Limerick anyway.

If yesterday was the last day in a Cork jersey for a few great servants then all the best to them and hats to them for their commitment and dedication. The life of an intercounty hurler is not an easy one.

Rebels Abu!
There’s a bit of revisionism going on after yesterday alright. Not one poster on here wanted Lehane dropped for yesterday, why would they when he was on fire the last few games, the place was split on Hoggy starting, personally I would have started him but to be fair I think it’s one of the few calls they got right as Hoggy had a good impact when introduced. Plus we seem to have selected memory on his free taking as he missed a fair few over the championship himself. Hindsight is a wonderful thing

Ah I think it was a fair challenge, if SOD had done it on the other side we'd be praising him saying it was like the rock of old
I have to disagree. In real time from where I was in the Town End everyone around me was incredulous that the ref. waived play on (granted it was mostly Cork people in that area). I could feel the whack from that distance.
Having watched it back on YouTube you can tell by the way Harnedy fell that it wasn't shoulder to shoulder. He ends up on his arse/back facing back towards his own goal. If it was shoulder to shoulder Harnedy would have ended up falling sideways but still looking in the general direction of the Galway goal.

Eoin Cadogan refers to it as "Daithi Burke's questionable collision on Seamus Harnedy" on the Examiner. Certainly his younger brother, who was 5 yards from the shoulder charge, was as incredulous as the rest of us that nothing was given.

The Rock of old might have got away with that 20 odd years ago, but refs are far stricter on shoulder charges nowadays.

Anyway, the main thing is that Harnedy got up and is uninjured, even though he was replaced shortly after.

Dalton was excellent for Imokilly in there although thats going back over 4 years at this stage.

I've no idea if Dalton is interested in coming back in with Cork let alone if he's interested in giving goals a go.
I’d say he’d bite your hand off for another shot at inter county but I don’t think he’d be overly enthusiastic if it’s under the same management.

Incidentally he scored 3.13 for high flying Fr O Neills over the weekend, what a waste of talent

I’d say he’d bite your hand off for another shot at inter county but I don’t think he’d be overly enthusiastic if it’s under the same management.

Incidentally he scored 3.13 for high flying Fr O Neills over the weekend, what a waste of talent
I can't wait to see the end of that entire management, they literally can't see the wood or hurleys from the trees

New management will hopefully make better use of the league - in hindsight wasted opportunity Next year league I’d like to see Daragh O’L at 3, Joyce at 6, Tim played at 11 and Connolly at 14. Midfield we need to find a new Cooper style player Padraig Power and other young guns also need to get a proper run

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Jackie Fabulous (Americas Got Talent) Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

5th Oct 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼