Cork Hurlers - Part 2

You’re defence need to be defenders first and foremost, marks first instinct is to want to play the ball, he’s a brilliant talent and we need to find a way to utilise that and I said it after last years final and I’ll say it again, play him at 11 and let him dictate the play. His intricate short passes would be more productive up there
Play him at 7 and tell him tackle his man or sit on the bench

Why did Collins try to catch it in his right hand? From my very average goalkeeping days this would not be considered a good strategy. This may not be the modern thinking though.

We would not have beaten Clare without him last year...
You can't seriously be asking this ?

He is a left hand on top hurler.
How can you not know that?

You’re defence need to be defenders first and foremost, marks first instinct is to want to play the ball, he’s a brilliant talent and we need to find a way to utilise that and I said it after last years final and I’ll say it again, play him at 11 and let him dictate the play. His intricate short passes would be more productive up there
Maybe he's just not that good, lovely skill but let's be fair here, he ain't a minor .
Some fellas here want to lay off The FIFA.

Despite all the talk on all platforms, Horgan didn't do all the scoring in the 2nd half. There was impact from Cadogan with his 3 pts from play off bench, Fitzgibbon, O'Flynn and Kingston with the goal. Hindsight is 20/20. Lehane was form forward into the game and Horgan was struggling to make any impact from play this year.

How anyone could blame mgmt yesterday is beyond me. 12-13 wides in 1st half and 3 very good goal chances botched. Then the goals conceded were two individual errors. Was just one of those days. I honestly think we're probably better off. We're not ready to take on a juggernaut like Limerick anyway.

If yesterday was the last day in a Cork jersey for a few great servants then all the best to them and hats to them for their commitment and dedication. The life of an intercounty hurler is not an easy one.

Rebels Abu!

Absolutely brilliant post Vlad and sums up exactly where we’re at

One suggestion I don’t agree with though is Declan Dalton getting a go in goal, he hasn’t played there for his club in the last 10 years and I think he has to become the fulcrum of our attack. His treatment this year in particular was not a good reflection on management

Dalton was excellent for Imokilly in there although thats going back over 4 years at this stage.

I've no idea if Dalton is interested in coming back in with Cork let alone if he's interested in giving goals a go.

Despite all the talk on all platforms, Horgan didn't do all the scoring in the 2nd half. There was impact from Cadogan with his 3 pts from play off bench, Fitzgibbon, O'Flynn and Kingston with the goal. Hindsight is 20/20. Lehane was form forward into the game and Horgan was struggling to make any impact from play this year.

How anyone could blame mgmt yesterday is beyond me. 12-13 wides in 1st half and 3 very good goal chances botched. Then the goals conceded were two individual errors. Was just one of those days. I honestly think we're probably better off. We're not ready to take on a juggernaut like Limerick anyway.

If yesterday was the last day in a Cork jersey for a few great servants then all the best to them and hats to them for their commitment and dedication. The life of an intercounty hurler is not an easy one.

Rebels Abu!

Fully in agreement.

Kingston couldn't take the points for them.

Lehane was the sides outstanding forward before yesterday. Horgan was dropped as he offered very little from open play

The side showed great character to get out of Munster after looking dead and buried after the Clare game.

Yesterday was disappointing but you couldn’t plan for your keeper letting the ball slip in the net after 25 seconds and a usually solid back losing sight of the sliotar.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

115 Jazz Jam Sessions

115 Caf And Wine Bar, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼