Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Spillane is not the only change to the Cork hurling panel for 2022. Eoin Cadogan announced his inter-county retirement last week and further changes are expected to be announced later this week

If Cork hurling still has anything about it Brian will be hurling next year. But if they are leaving the likes of Billy Hennessy go then I’m worried
From what I’ve seen of him I must admit I think he’d be a better asset for the footballers. Highly skilled at both but think he would play a bigger role for Cork football going forward

Awful shame to see Spillane having to step away at such a young age. Hopefully he can continue to have a good career with Castlelyons but worrying comments in the interview on the examiner.

I would assume Bill Cooper will be another one to leave the panel through retirement?

Cork won't take part in 2022
Munster Senior Hurling League

Cork will be the sole absentee from the 2022 Munster SHL, which returns after a two-year Covid-enforced hiatus Cork will not be partaking in next month’s Munster Senior Hurling League, the Irish Examiner can confirm.

A team holiday to Tenerife at the beginning of next month, on account of their All-Ireland SHC final appearance earlier this year, is the reason behind the Cork decision not to participate in the pre-season competition.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40760991.html

Mad not entering a team in the competition Plenty of young players who could have done with some exposure to intercounty hurling

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

King K

Clancys, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼