Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Just seen the sad news. The greatest goal poacher of them all.

30 goals and 33 points in 36 games.
And a fair shot of them after donating a kidney to his brother!

One of the pantheon.

We were blessed w
sad news, one of our alltime heroes, goals, goals, goals. RIP
We were blessed with that 70s team even up the the 90s to have teams that had one thing on their mind and that was goals, points were for others. Even among those teams of goal getters Seanie stood head and shoulders above the others. You paid the entrance fee to see him, he put bums on seats. legendary.

He really was one of a kind and with the evolution of the game will probably not see an enigma like him again.

R.I.P. Seánie. He was a hero to anyone who saw him hurl for Cork. His silky skill and an eye for a goal made the Cork people and GAA people far and wide admire him greatly. We are lucky and grateful to have those clips to showcase his class and to keep his memory alive. A successful coach too after his playing days. Laochra Gael. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dílis.

One Seany Leary
Theres only one seany leary
One seany leeeeeery
Theres only one seany leary

We absolutely loved him. He had some skill in his wrists... look at the two goals against offaly. I don't mind admitting i shed a tear for him today. Would love to get all of cork to sing that ditty at our front door for his funeral

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Rebel Comedy Club

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼