Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Cork won't take part in 2022
Munster Senior Hurling League

Cork will be the sole absentee from the 2022 Munster SHL, which returns after a two-year Covid-enforced hiatus Cork will not be partaking in next month’s Munster Senior Hurling League, the Irish Examiner can confirm.

A team holiday to Tenerife at the beginning of next month, on account of their All-Ireland SHC final appearance earlier this year, is the reason behind the Cork decision not to participate in the pre-season competition.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40760991.html

Mad not entering a team in the competition Plenty of young players who could have done with some exposure to intercounty hurling
These lads are on the go non-stop with training and matches most of the time. A lot to be said for team bonding also. A chance to gel off the field, relax and recharge the batteries. I’m sure the coaching team have thought out the pros and cons before deciding this!

From what I’ve seen of him I must admit I think he’d be a better asset for the footballers. Highly skilled at both but think he would play a bigger role for Cork football going forward
Horse, he’s exactly what we need with the hurlers, a ball winning scoring foward, when he bulks up he will be a vital cog in any cork team, hurling or football, but i think he could be a superstar in hurling, if we’d only start picking his type of player 🙄

Cork won't take part in 2022
Munster Senior Hurling League

Cork will be the sole absentee from the 2022 Munster SHL, which returns after a two-year Covid-enforced hiatus Cork will not be partaking in next month’s Munster Senior Hurling League, the Irish Examiner can confirm.

A team holiday to Tenerife at the beginning of next month, on account of their All-Ireland SHC final appearance earlier this year, is the reason behind the Cork decision not to participate in the pre-season competition.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40760991.html

Mad not entering a team in the competition Plenty of young players who could have done with some exposure to intercounty hurling
Agreed, outside the Senior panel there are plenty of players out there worth looking at, if we got one or two ready to step up it would be well worth entering

Billy Hennessy football maybe ? he looked very impressive in the county football final ? just wondering .
Billy would make it at either sport, if given a proper chance, it looks like that’s not happening with the hurlers so he might be tempted to switch codes alright

Horse, he’s exactly what we need with the hurlers, a ball winning scoring foward, when he bulks up he will be a vital cog in any cork team, hurling or football, but i think he could be a superstar in hurling, if we’d only start picking his type of player 🙄
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oh stop will ya, he has been in or around the hurling panel for going on five years now and hasn't made an impression

Wouldn't worry me if they're not playing that pre season thing. Those competitions should have been scrapped anyway
Crazy if lads can't take early January off at this stage now
Wouldn't have been opposed to entering a team using lads coming up along from the u20 sides but a lot of those lads have fitzgibbon cup coming up which would be good and intense anyway this time of year so I think most lads have more than enough on their plate

I think it is an opportunity lost.
They need not have involved any of the senior players but there is a host of players who would jump at the opportunity to play for a Cork team in a competition like this and you never know what you might find.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sander Van Doorn
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

25th May 2024 @ 11:00 pm
More info..

You Spin Me Round: Cork World Book Fest

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼