Cork Footballers

Great to finish the league on a positive note especially considering our position after the 1st 3 games. I think the Donegal game really shook them and it took scraping past Fermanagh to get some bit of confidence back. The team in this form now would not have lost the Louth or Cavan matches. If they can win their 1st game next year I think they have a real chance of promotion, especially since their won’t be any teams head and shoulders above the rest like there was this year and last year. Another bonus is the emergence of Corbett and Chris og as top class intercounty forwards.

If we can keep this form going I see no reason why we can’t give Kerry a good rattle at least. Foley being out for Munster and looks like Jack is putting Dylan Casey there who Corbett is more than capable of roasting. Hopefully a Cork crowd travel and get good support for the team. God knows they’ll need and deserve it.

I said this to a colleague in the Páirc tonight and it’s something that is known but not mentioned as much as it should be. The Cork footballers must be the worst supported team in the country. In a county with at least a hundred clubs where football is played to a decent level it’s very hard to understand.
There was a decent attendance earlier but that and more should be the norm and isn’t. If the football clubs actually weighed in and supported this team with backsides on seats then it would help. But like many here I know dozens of people heavily involved in football clubs who rarely make the effort to attend county games.
That’s discounting the hurling snobs who walk out the gate at double headers when football is on of course.
Anyway, Cork are building and have improved drastically from day 1 of this league. I think 8 or 9 different scores too from glancing at my much scribbled on programme.
A big attendance and a good game in Killarney would be a most welcome turn up for the books.
Well said

Down through the years, I've made excuses for the poor attendances, the main one being that because we're a dual County most clubs have games on at the same time Cork play.

But...three wins on the trot, a 7pm home game on a Saturday night against a good opponent, qualification for Sam Maguire on the line...there really is no excuse for it.
My excuse....s Location of stadium, Robbed by City Hall multi story car park, 20 minutes waiting for shuttle bus, sumo wrestler sitting in my seat when I got there. Refused to move for steward who found me another seat. Bombarded with ear splitting stuff called music every chance they got. Last but not least, the treatment of that pigeon on the Blackrock 21 yard line was disgraceful. Poor bird will never recover from that deliberate flake of a sliotar by the Limerick No 5.
Never again.

Da examiner says we are in Sam not sure if that’s correct
On the Blood and Bandages forum 'fullcourtpress' gives a very detailed breakdown of where we sit.
He says we're not qualified but that it would take an Aristotlean sequence of events for us not to qualify.

On the Blood and Bandages forum 'fullcourtpress' gives a very detailed breakdown of where we sit.
He says we're not qualified but that it would take an Aristotlean sequence of events for us not to qualify.
Eh?
We're not qualified yet somehow it's almost impossible that we won't qualify?
Doncha just love the insanity of it all 😆

Two take aways for me :-

John Cleary spoke very well after, said that they had learned a lot from Armagh. Appreciates that Cork are not the finished article. Also commented how much more intense championship is

And

I love the 103 FM Commentary - John Fintan Daly is excellent. John was very impressed how economical Armagh were - 1st wide after 40 mins. But he was also very impressed with Cork's doggedness. Belief and team spirit can take you a long way

Great to finish the league on a positive note especially considering our position after the 1st 3 games. I think the Donegal game really shook them and it took scraping past Fermanagh to get some bit of confidence back. The team in this form now would not have lost the Louth or Cavan matches. If they can win their 1st game next year I think they have a real chance of promotion, especially since their won’t be any teams head and shoulders above the rest like there was this year and last year. Another bonus is the emergence of Corbett and Chris og as top class intercounty forwards.

If we can keep this form going I see no reason why we can’t give Kerry a good rattle at least. Foley being out for Munster and looks like Jack is putting Dylan Casey there who Corbett is more than capable of roasting. Hopefully a Cork crowd travel and get good support for the team. God knows they’ll need and deserve it.

We needed to find some scoring forwards in the league.

We didn't but got the next best thing - our existing forwards have improved beyond recognition.
BOD, Chris Og & Corbett would get in most teams whilst Powter, Hurley & Sherlock make decent contributions.
I still think Powter is best running from half back but Fahy & Matty are well established
Some posters are disappointed that Buckley didn't get more opportunities but the pressure was on for every game.

The Tailtean would have been a disaster. You learn by playing good opponents

Eh?
We're not qualified yet somehow it's almost impossible that we won't qualify?
Doncha just love the insanity of it all 😆
Insanity.. it’s actually very very straight forward. It must be if I’ve no problem understanding it.
16 teams which are
Meath as last years Tailtean winners
8 provincial finalists yet tbd
The remaining 7 teams are the best placed in the league tables outside those 9 teams
So, when the provincial semi finals are played will we know for absolute certain who plays in the All Ireland series. Which is normal enough in any competition

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Outsiders X Africa Day: Let The Pen Speak

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼