Cork Footballers

Insanity.. it’s actually very very straight forward. It must be if I’ve no problem understanding it.
16 teams which are
Meath as last years Tailtean winners
8 provincial finalists yet tbd
The remaining 7 teams are the best placed in the league tables outside those 9 teams
So, when the provincial semi finals are played will we know for absolute certain who plays in the All Ireland series. Which is normal enough in any competition
If that's your idea of straightforward fair play, I'd like to see what you consider convoluted

Some really positive posts here which is brilliant to see. A lot of encouragement for Killarney.
Yes

I think we are learning how to play Puke Football

Before meeting us, Armagh conceded 10.6 pts (average) per game

Yesterday, they conceded 2-16 (22) and 2-7 (13) in the 2nd half alone. ( all from play) They hadn't conceded a goal b4 coming to Leeside

Something is definitely stirring

Also remember that Bredan Griffin, Kerry ref didn't do us any favours.

He awarded a crazy free late on to Cavan, when everyone thought it was our free. That possibly cost us the game.

Podsy maintains that Griffin blew for a free b4 Armagh scored their first goal, if so then he probably cost us the win and 3rd.

Griffin could be Tommy Sugrue's illegitimate son ?

Last edited:
If that's your idea of straightforward fair play, I'd like to see what you consider convoluted
Banofy explained it well. its this way because there is a there was a sense that they needed to retain some importance to the provincial championships. so they kept spots for the provisional finalists within the structure.

you could debate the relative merits of various structures until the cows come home but it's not particularly complicated

At the game last night, late on Cork created a great opening and I think it was BOD looked to be opening up armagh with what looked like a potential chance before been hauled down.
Got a free and a yellow for Armagh.
Was at the opposite end of pitch, but looked like it could have been a "gough" penalty ?
Great show from rebels in fairness and do seem to have some confidence and system developing but very late on when Armagh pushed up kick outs became an issue for retaining possession.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

18th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Sparkle

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼