Cork Footballers

Always frustrating to blow a winning position but you’d have taken 7 points out of 8 with the clock ticking past 70 minutes above in Fermanagh and Cork 2 points down. Division 2 is a rough hoor of a league. Dublin won the all Ireland relatively comfortably last year and even they didn’t get things all their own way in d2. I don’t think we’ll really be able to consider ourselves contenders until we are winning D2 so maybe treading water but look, a few weeks now to focus on the Munster championship and a good performance below in Killarney could really set us up nicely for an assault on the all Ireland series. Hopefully the wins over mayo and Roscommon last year will stand to them this year.

Unlucky with the Armagh second goal..hit the post from an acute angle and bounced up to Armagh..that got them back in the game..2 very good finishes for the Cork goals..Sherlock narrowly wide in the last second …Cork GAA public is a disgrace for the lack of support

Such an improvement from the first game against Donegal to this game. It took Cork 3 games to get up to speed, and by then promotion was lost. I would expect to beat Limerick and if we play like today, we can give the mighty kingdom a big scare in Killarney!

Unlucky with the Armagh second goal..hit the post from an acute angle and bounced up to Armagh..that got them back in the game..2 very good finishes for the Cork goals..Sherlock narrowly wide in the last second …Cork GAA public is a disgrace for the lack of support
I said this to a colleague in the Páirc tonight and it’s something that is known but not mentioned as much as it should be. The Cork footballers must be the worst supported team in the country. In a county with at least a hundred clubs where football is played to a decent level it’s very hard to understand.
There was a decent attendance earlier but that and more should be the norm and isn’t. If the football clubs actually weighed in and supported this team with backsides on seats then it would help. But like many here I know dozens of people heavily involved in football clubs who rarely make the effort to attend county games.
That’s discounting the hurling snobs who walk out the gate at double headers when football is on of course.
Anyway, Cork are building and have improved drastically from day 1 of this league. I think 8 or 9 different scores too from glancing at my much scribbled on programme.
A big attendance and a good game in Killarney would be a most welcome turn up for the books.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼