Cork Footballers

Blake Murphy gone , Dano Dineen not there you would have felt that both are natural forwards but is it down to workrate now more than anything .
I think Damien Gore is a real top forward hope he gets his chance soon.

Gore has plenty ability, like all players he needs a run of games
A leap of faith is also required at times with young players. Throwing them in and backing your gut judgement rather than just GPS numbers, stats or training performances.

The confidence gained from a run of games for young lads can be immeasurable. You'll soon see the real player once he's not looking over his shoulder at the line or only getting 5 or 10 mins here or there.

Some young lads can thrive under that pressure...most though need assurance that a manager has faith in them. I don't see much of that with our young lads based off recent team selections.

As a principle I’d. normally have no sympathy and would be highly critical of any guy who walked from a Cork panel because of lack of game time. I’d be saying he needs to keep turning up, working hard and put himself on the team.
However considering what BM had shown early season and the appalling displays by the guys on the league teams, I’d find it hard to honestly argue with his decision to pull the plug.
Blake is a potential leading guy in Corks attack. That Cork management don’t have him on a pathway to deliver on his potential is very worrying..

But two of them are from west cork so they must be getting ample opportunity
Haven't seen Gore get any League time yet. Or in the McGrath Cup as far as I know.
As per other post he carries his Club. And deserves a chance.
Buckley not playing is a complete joke.
Hard to fathom it all.
And not good for these young men that Ricken , Moore etc looked after.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Days Of Trees (16)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼