Cork Footballers

Consistently carries his club on his back and sticks at it with Cork despite limited game time unlike other messiahs
Think he deserves a good run in the league

But management don’t think that, he’s sitting on the bench while the same players are swapped in and out, Cronin whipped off the last game and replaced by Deane, Buckley dropped after Donegal and not seen since, herlihy 10 minutes vs Cavan and murphy 2 minutes vs Louth,absolute joke player management. Meanwhile the usual players who have been good servants but whose day is done as starters are continuously selected despite not doing it. Presume there’s a few more west cork over 30s available to replace them, who is coaching this team during the week when Walsh is not involved the apparent head coach, you couldn’t make it up.
It would be somewhat understandable if cork were winning, t the fact they are losing and scoring fuck all makes it unbelievable and makes the next managers job who takes over from this mess even harder, with a load of older players who need to be moved on and the natural successors having zero confidence and experience

But management don’t think that, he’s sitting on the bench while the same players are swapped in and out, Cronin whipped off the last game and replaced by Deane, Buckley dropped after Donegal and not seen since, herlihy 10 minutes vs Cavan and murphy 2 minutes vs Louth,absolute joke player management. Meanwhile the usual players who have been good servants but whose day is done as starters are continuously selected despite not doing it. Presume there’s a few more west cork over 30s available to replace them, who is coaching this team during the week when Walsh is not involved the apparent head coach, you couldn’t make it up.
It would be somewhat understandable if cork were winning, t the fact they are losing and scoring fuck all makes it unbelievable and makes the next managers job who takes over from this mess even harder, with a load of older players who need to be moved on and the natural successors having zero confidence and experience
Exactly..
It’s a team that’s going backwards. Promotion to Div 1 was the next step.
No changes to the team and the talent coming through not getting a proper tilt after showing well in pre season makes no sense.
I do wonder what the likes of Loughrey brings to the table. I’m not aware of him having any decent management experience. Him and more are often very animated on the line and wired up like a dodgy box.

Exactly..
It’s a team that’s going backwards. Promotion to Div 1 was the next step.
No changes to the team and the talent coming through not getting a proper tilt after showing well in pre season makes no sense.
I do wonder what the likes of Loughrey brings to the table. I’m not aware of him having any decent management experience. Him and more are often very animated on the line and wired up like a dodgy box.
It’s a sad state of affairs when in the last 30 years, the best coach in the county and who has their finger on the pulse of the modern game is still Billy Morgan!

Last years campaign.against louth Corbett and Sherlock got the last 2 winning points ,Sherlock beat Mayo on his own, and against the Rossies KO Donovan scored the winning points.All came on as subs. Corbett excepted the other 2 plus Powter barely get a look in. IMHO Cleary is in over his dept.

I am sorry to see Blake Murphy leave the panel. It is hard to blame him though. I cannot understand why he got such little game time. Himself and Conor Corbett have been our best underage forwards of the last 10 years. He should have been nourished and developed into a top class senior intercounty player by now. It is 5 years since he won an All Ireland Under 20 title and 4 years since he was the best player on the field v Kerry in the U20 in 2020. I hope this isn't the last we see of him in a red jersey. It is now looking more likely that we will see a change in management next year or at least the year after. We need a manager to come in and put trust in him and the other good young footballers in our county. He needs to be coaxed and reassured that he will get plenty of chances. He is too good a talent just to dismiss and forget about. To be honest, he should be coaxed back this year but I wouldn't blame him for sitting out the rest of the year even if he is asked back.

Last years campaign.against louth Corbett and Sherlock got the last 2 winning points ,Sherlock beat Mayo on his own, and against the Rossies KO Donovan scored the winning points.All came on as subs. Corbett excepted the other 2 plus Powter barely get a look in. IMHO Cleary is in over his dept.
I dunno what has happened between Sherlock, Powter and Cleary. Two of the most talented players we have. They were both nominated for all stars the year before last but both have played I reckon a combined 40 mins over first 4 leagues. Can someone please explain this……. Is it because they don’t leave the other side of the viaduct .

On Blake, super football and again didn’t get a run of games to show what he can do. Best of luck to him

Look lads, as mentioned above he's not from West Cork. They have Cork football ruined. It's high time someone up high called this out. You'd think that Counihan not being from there that he'd rattle a few cages.

Year in, year out at all levels they are destroying players who don't hail from their neck of the woods. It’s happening at all ages and by the time some lads reach 20/21 it’s already too late for them. They are lost to football for good.
The senior county champions.
The 2 senior A county finalist
The premier intermediate runners up
Where are they all from?

Where are they all from?
Who won the 6 finals before last year?
Who won the 3 Senior A finals before last year?
Who won the Premier Intermediate Championship the years before last year?
Thinking that WC is the home of football in Cork is a load of bollix, sooner Cork and Cleary realise that, the better for us going forward.

It gives me no pleasure as a supporter of this team, but I am predicting a drop to Division 3 at the end of this campaign. We will probably beat Kildare, but lose to Meath and/or Armagh. We will probably end on level points with Louth but our loss to them will put us down.

Where are they all from?
Lets take the senior championship for the last 50 years. I think its 13 times (might be out 1 or 2) it has been won by teams from West Cork.

When last did a West Cork man manage a Cork football team to win a senior AI?

Will I go on?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Funny Fridays Special
City Limits, Coburg St.

24th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼