Cork Footballers

James O donoghue also picked Cork as his team to watch last year. The height of yerra-ing, especially considering James O Donoghue doesn’t really watch football unless it’s for work as he openly says.

This is the published team but I doubt if it's the starting team.
(1) Patrick Doyle (Knocknagree)
(2) Maurice Shanley (Clonakilty)
(3) Tommy Walsh (Kanturk)
(4) Sean Meehan (Kiskeam)
(5) Luke Fahy (Ballincollig)
(6) Rory Maguire (Castlehaven)
(7) Matty Taylor (Mallow)
(8) Ian Maguire (St Finbarrs)
(9) Colm O’Callaghan (Eire Og)
(10) Eoghan Mc Sweeney (Knocknagree)
(11) David Buckley (Newcestown)
(12) Brian O’Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
(13) Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)
(14) Conor Corbett (Clyda Rovers)
(15) Chris Og Jones (Iveleary)
(16) Christopher Kelly (Eire Og)
(17) Daniel O’Mahony (Knocknagree)
(18) Darragh Cashman (Millstreet)
(19) Kevin Flahive (Douglas)
(20) John O’Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
(21) Fionn Herlihy (Dohenys)
(22) Mark Cronin (Nemo Rangers)
(23) Cathal Maguire (Castlehaven)
(24) Blake Murphy (St Vincents)
(25) Steven Sherlock (St Finbarrs)
why not ?

Even though it might not be the team to start, I think it looks decent. 2 scorers in Corbett and Jones and lads who will work hard making up the rest of the forward line. Backline looks full strength bar Dan o mahony and maybe Flahive. No experimenting bar Doyle and Buckley. I don’t see the appeal of Eoghan Mcsweeney is the only thing, (he did save our campaign last year though with that point vs Kerry that he ludicrously took over trying a goal) he’s not very quick or strong but kick passing is his best attribute. With O Driscoll and Deane on the time I’d like to see another player with a bit of flair - maybe Blake Murphy centre forward and Buckley on the wing. Would like to see Dano Dineen slotting in there. Terrible finishing in the club final but you can see the danger and havoc he creates on and off the ball

Even though it might not be the team to start, I think it looks decent. 2 scorers in Corbett and Jones and lads who will work hard making up the rest of the forward line. Backline looks full strength bar Dan o mahony and maybe Flahive. No experimenting bar Doyle and Buckley. I don’t see the appeal of Eoghan Mcsweeney is the only thing, (he did save our campaign last year though with that point vs Kerry that he ludicrously took over trying a goal) he’s not very quick or strong but kick passing is his best attribute. With O Driscoll and Deane on the time I’d like to see another player with a bit of flair - maybe Blake Murphy centre forward and Buckley on the wing. Would like to see Dano Dineen slotting in there. Terrible finishing in the club final but you can see the danger and havoc he creates on and off

Even though it might not be the team to start, I think it looks decent. 2 scorers in Corbett and Jones and lads who will work hard making up the rest of the forward line. Backline looks full strength bar Dan o mahony and maybe Flahive. No experimenting bar Doyle and Buckley. I don’t see the appeal of Eoghan Mcsweeney is the only thing, (he did save our campaign last year though with that point vs Kerry that he ludicrously took over trying a goal) he’s not very quick or strong but kick passing is his best attribute. With O Driscoll and Deane on the time I’d like to see another player with a bit of flair - maybe Blake Murphy centre forward and Buckley on the wing. Would like to see Dano Dineen slotting in there. Terrible finishing in the club final but you can see the danger and havoc he creates on and off the ball
Dano Dineen is not on the panel.

Perhaps that's a good thing.
How could that be a good thing?

maybe it’s a very worrying sign for the future and of further decline of the GAA in the city.
We have seen the tragedy on us in the inter county hurling when the standard of club hurling dropped/stagnated in the city & didn’t develop like it did in other counties.

The city going well is vital to our fortunes and they should be contributing about half the team all things going well..

Perhaps that's a good thing.
Powter and Martin are noticeable absentees through injury.Brian Hayes playing hurling. Other than those 3 city players, team named is good. Sherlock and Hurley are subs and let’s hope for a good result on Sunday. Full forward Gallen is dangerous for Donegal and will have to be closely shackled

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Laugh Gaff Comedy

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼