Cork Footballers

It's my own opinion and out of great respect our best players aren't playing football with Cork.
You could nearly field at least 8-10 of the Castlehaven team as the Cork team and fella's would struggle to have a valid argument as to why they should not start.
(seeing also as those 8-10 have represented Cork or still do)
There is 4 or 5 there questionable, but you are not at training. There is a a development Squad and long term injured. The Journey begins now. Save the Hangman's noose until the results start coming in.

Last edited:
In Castlehaven 4 main Matches last season Barrs,Nemo,Dingle and St Brigid,s J Cahalane scored 1.1 in total and that was against the Barrs.While he is talented i dont think he deserves to be in the final 36.

In Castlehaven 4 main Matches last season Barrs,Nemo,Dingle and St Brigid,s J Cahalane scored 1.1 in total and that was against the Barrs.While he is talented i dont think he deserves to be in the final 36.
Jack Cahalane is precisely the type of Player Cork Football needs , 2 Footed and can pick a pass from the foot! If you were to put Club performances as a basis for being picked on Cork team. Half the panel would not be selected .

There is 4 or 5 there questionable, but you are not at training. There is a a development Squad and long term injured. The Journey begins now. Save the Hangman's noose until the results start coming in.
Absolutely agree.
Mark Collins and Michael Hurley stepped away at their own accord and could be said their club game improved since and more consistent.

Damien Cahalane opted for hurlers but his recent campaign wit Castlehaven shows he's one of the best and more versatile footballers in county.

Currently on panel Jack Cahalane, Brian Hurley, Rory Maguire, Cathal Maguire.

That's 7 tbf that I don't think anyone has any concrete argument against going by merit but also as you said we're not at training.

I'm far from a West Cork Supporter, my club is suburban club and I have seen fellow club member suffer over the years due to the West Cork bias.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼