Cork Footballers

We are very good ar passing but its scorers we want and at the moment he is not scoring.

Are there any top class forwards available, not on the panel, capable of kicking points from 30m-40m out at senior club/ inter county level?

Not sure if it's an issue with coaching or development of underage players but we seem to produce very few forwards capable of kicking a point from more than 15m-20m out. Lot of them appear incapable of kicking at goal at all and won't take on a score unless in a position to fist it over.

As per your post above, I'd love to see Brian Hayes giving football a go but it appears he has made his intentions clear to stick with the hurling so wasn't an option for the panel!

Are there any top class forwards available, not on the panel, capable of kicking points from 30m-40m out at senior club/ inter county level?

Not sure if it's an issue with coaching or development of underage players but we seem to produce very few forwards capable of kicking a point from more than 15m-20m out. Lot of them appear incapable of kicking at goal at all and won't take on a score unless in a position to fist it over.

As per your post above, I'd love to see Brian Hayes giving football a go but it appears he has made his intentions clear to stick with the hurling so wasn't an option for the panel!
Name me a player on Kerry team bar DC who can kick long range points. ?
Again : Modern Football across all divisions is about retaining possession and get a scoring angle around the D. It's horseshit to watch but that is it.

Well done lads keep talking about lads who will not be playing for the Cork Senior Football team this season. Our backline is overloaded with excellent defenders and getting Stronger. Come on lads.
It's January the 35 was just announced, Castlehaven won the county and the Munster. I'm sure as a supporter who goes down all year and travels I can give my opinion and a what if scenario.
That's not taking anything from what's there at all as they are all there on merit but also acknowledging some of our tried and tested best aren't on the team due to their own reasons.

In Castlehaven 4 main Matches last season Barrs,Nemo,Dingle and St Brigid,s J Cahalane scored 1.1 in total and that was against the Barrs.While he is talented i dont think he deserves to be in the final 36.
I’d have to disagree with you comrade. Up to about the semi final he was imo the Havens best forward. Give him a lash, see how he gets on.
I can’t think of anyone else (other than actually his brothers 🤷🏻‍♂️) who should be in the 36

Go to a few Rebel Og games. See the way they play football & the type of player selected. There you’ll get your answer- a depressing sight

Jack can be a no. 11/playmaker, was definitely disappoointing in the big matches at the end of the season,
no Cathail O Mahony or White brothers i see

You’re right All the northern teams depend/ encourage their keeper to travel
And essentially become an extra attacker/ midfield man
Martins not atall mobile enough, Personal opinion only.

This is the published team but I doubt if it's the starting team.
(1) Patrick Doyle (Knocknagree)
(2) Maurice Shanley (Clonakilty)
(3) Tommy Walsh (Kanturk)
(4) Sean Meehan (Kiskeam)
(5) Luke Fahy (Ballincollig)
(6) Rory Maguire (Castlehaven)
(7) Matty Taylor (Mallow)
(8) Ian Maguire (St Finbarrs)
(9) Colm O’Callaghan (Eire Og)
(10) Eoghan Mc Sweeney (Knocknagree)
(11) David Buckley (Newcestown)
(12) Brian O’Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh)
(13) Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)
(14) Conor Corbett (Clyda Rovers)
(15) Chris Og Jones (Iveleary)
(16) Christopher Kelly (Eire Og)
(17) Daniel O’Mahony (Knocknagree)
(18) Darragh Cashman (Millstreet)
(19) Kevin Flahive (Douglas)
(20) John O’Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
(21) Fionn Herlihy (Dohenys)
(22) Mark Cronin (Nemo Rangers)
(23) Cathal Maguire (Castlehaven)
(24) Blake Murphy (St Vincents)