Cork Footballers

Geany has a nasty habit of scoring goals against us and will have to be marked tightly. Tom Sullivan while not a good defender is serious player when attacking. If we win midfield 55/45 we have a chance ,small as it is

Would Tom be ok on clifford or would it be a mismatch?Powter or Brian o Driscoll has to be brought into half back line.
Gavin white will have to be marked as will the 2 cliffords they there 3 main players and Sean O Se.
If Clancy was capable of marking a player like Clifford out of it then the question needs to be asked what is he doing on the bench all year?

Who’s expected to come into the 26 for Meehan and Walsh on Saturday? R. Maguire and LOD? I’d personally have Cashman in there myself. Will they add another forward to the bench?

Am very confident.
It's the worst Kerry forward line since the 90s.
Back then it was Fitzgerald and 5 grafters, now it's Clifford and 5 grafters.

I'm guessing this is a leg-pull.

Anyway, Kerry - last year's AI champions - are a team of excellent footballers, with a manager who has a great intercounty track record. The history of championship matches between these two counties is that, even when one county (usually Kerry though not always) is massively favorite to win, either team can win on the day. Despite tactics and selection debates, which there will always be and on which I'd have some views myself, I'm confident Cork management and players will do their utmost, and I hope that'll be enough. Have the tickets for the upper deck (which finally opened) - great place to see a match from, and looking forward to it.

Lads get real, Sean O’Shea is a superstar centre forward and the younger Clifford is a current all star, add in that both geaney and o’brien have destroyed cork on numerous occasssions and there you go. Cork don’t have a centre back for Saturday which is a sight problem presuming Maguire is still injured. For me to try and compete with kerry I would actually prefer to push up and mark Morley at 6 as a start, I would hope that with Moran finally gone and even allowing for our sub standard kickout strategy we have a better chance of matching kerry at midfield then in previous years. I presume the temptation is to resort to last years tactic which I could understand as a starting point but as kerry showed that will eventually break down. I would expect that kerry will be under pressure to perform here and the O’Connor will have them primed, I don’t think cork have shown anything this year to say they will be even close to winning, I think kerry will win comfortably by 5-6 points which is a 50% improvement from last year for cork. One bonus is that we are stronger physically than last year so hopefully there won’t be a major fade out in the last 10 minutes. As for marking Clifford, it will be shanley and he will do as well as any defender if he gets the right support, if he can keep him from scoring goals it’s a good day

I read that as kind of a stealth yerah. Kerry need to get thier groove back after Mayo so Cork are again a sleeping Giant unlucky not to translate underage sucess to senior. The perfect Anvil for the Kerry Hammer.

If they had beaten Mayo it would have been a piece about how far cork have fallen that they didn't have the steely grit to keep louth at bay only falling over the line.

I really hope they put it up to them. Cork Generally raise their game against Kerry. I think they'll do well
Cork at home should clatter them. Clancy on Clifford and they’re roasted

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

James Keegan

Cyprus Avenue, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼