Cork Footballers

Sad stuff to see games being given as walk overs in our Co FL this weekend, too many games for dual clubs, either reduce number of teams in each Division or build in a few blank weekends to League tinetable
100%. Even leagues of 8 would make a huge difference to dual clubs. The current setup is unsustainable for teams with tight panels & big crossovers between hurling/football.

How did Cork lost to this Clare team ? - they are damn awful - surely we are better than that ? I guess we will get a chance to prove it now
We did get a chance and we failed, we failed because unlike every other team in the country we have failed to develop or understand the absolute fundamental importance of kickouts. I have no hope that this has been addressed as we have a coach who seems to think lobbing a ball to the sideline is up good enough at this level

Poor Dano isn't available
We did get a chance and we failed, we failed because unlike every other team in the country we have failed to develop or understand the absolute fundamental importance of kickouts. I have no hope that this has been addressed as we have a coach who seems to think lobbing a ball to the sideline is up good enough at this level
Difficult to address as first and second choice keepers injured for the past 3 weeks

Poor Dano isn't available
Difficult to address as first and second choice keepers injured for the past 3 weeks
It’s impossible when you go with a keeper who doesn’t have the range of kick and has to use a tea for each kickout, other counties - Kerry, Armagh for example have gone with outfield players but cork have persisted with Martin who is good at stuff like shot stopping which is fine but in the hierarchy of importance for a Gaelic football keeper falls far behind kickout range and accuracy

The keeper obviously has a major part to play in this JF but we don’t have fielders either to allow us go long - neither Maguire nor O Callaghan are fielders and I think O Hanlon is the closest we have to a natural midfielder but we seem obsessed with picking players who like running the ball and we miss the point that you have to win the ball first and retain it before you even try to run it.

Hopefully we can give a better performance against Kerry in the AI series than Clare did today otherwise the progress seen last year and during the league is completely wiped out - 14 points is a big beating and it could have been 24

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

14th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Mystic Gold

The Old Town Whiskey Bar at Bodega, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼