Cork Footballers

Just can't see how he could ever possibly return to the level he was at in 2019. I hope I'm wrong because he was absolutely flying that year!
It's been 4 years of recurring injuries, playing a handful of club games in that time. I'm amazed that Cork have held onto him...
Your concerns are valid but I wouldn’t worry, Liam came back in 2021 for Clon and was in better shape and playing better football than he was in 2019. He’s supremely dedicated and from what I’ve heard he’s moving as well as ever in training, he’ll be fine once he gets up to match speed, whether it’ll be enough to play for cork this year is another question.

Agreed re Mark White, he’s one of the top 10 keepers in the country. Cleary must be kicking himself he didn’t approach him to come back this year. Please god he’ll do it next year.

Your concerns are valid but I wouldn’t worry, Liam came back in 2021 for Clon and was in better shape and playing better football than he was in 2019. He’s supremely dedicated and from what I’ve heard he’s moving as well as ever in training, he’ll be fine once he gets up to match speed, whether it’ll be enough to play for cork this year is another question.

Agreed re Mark White, he’s one of the top 10 keepers in the country. Cleary must be kicking himself he didn’t approach him to come back this year. Please god he’ll do it next year.
Agree with all of that....I know he's a super fella and fiercely committed but he's only had a couple of sporadic appearances in the last 4 years. I thought he looked a bit sluggish (understandably) when he reappeared for those few games in 2021 and 2 more injury plagued years have passed since.

I don't think it's realistic that he will come back anywhere near the player he was, this year or in the future.

But jaysus, I really hope I'm wrong!

If it's true there's a serious goalkeeper injury crisis, surely Mark White should be doorstepped or whatever it takes to get him to play rather than throwing a totally inexperienced or lower level goalie to the lions in a championship game? And fully aware there's been enough discussion of Clon players which has been tiresome to be quite honest.

If it's true there's a serious goalkeeper injury crisis, surely Mark White should be doorstepped or whatever it takes to get him to play rather than throwing a totally inexperienced or lower level goalie to the lions in a championship game? And fully aware there's been enough discussion of Clon players which has been tiresome to be quite honest.
Agreed, there should be a delegation sent down West to get him on board by any means necessary.

Agreed, there should be a delegation sent down West to get him on board by any means necessary.
It’s well known that Mark White was fully prepared to return this year and had intended only taking a 1 year hiatus. Unfortunately the call never came from Cleary. Hard to see him being parachuted in at this stage.

Crazy to think we could have one of the best keepers in the country sitting at home while we scour the reserves for a number 1. Sad situation. Couldn’t see it happening in any of the top counties. Even Cluxton who’s in his 40s was coaxed back.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Comedy Cavern: Open Mic

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼