Cork Footballers

Pity he wouldn’t do the same for his club.

Aw c'mon. We're an amateur sport backboned by volunteers, and that includes players - we appreciate the commitment of players, whatever teams they volunteer to train/play with, for whatever reason. We also recognize they have their own personal goals (both in the sport and outside of it), and the importance of their lives outside of the games/association.

I Think Blake Murphy is on the panel just taking longer to make i suppose a very good talent lets hope he makes it ....whats the story with Kevin Flahive how is he doing now ?
Another player that has gone off the radar is Diarmuid Phelan he got injured in the 2022 Sigerson hs not been seen playing since anyone know what type of injury he got ?

I Think Blake Murphy is on the panel just taking longer to make i suppose a very good talent lets hope he makes it ....whats the story with Kevin Flahive how is he doing now ?
Another player that has gone off the radar is Diarmuid Phelan he got injured in the 2022 Sigerson hs not been seen playing since anyone know what type of injury he got ?
tore his acl in that Sigerson game

Pity he wouldn’t do the same for his club.
If the man is working in Dublin surely that's not realistic!! Fair play to him playing at a very good level in Dublin.
Good to see he is being considered by his home county.

You think that local lads in the Clonakilty hinterland are best served leaving their clubs 10 mins out the road to join Clonakilty because they are a senior club, but a man in Dublin playing at a higher level and 3.5 hrs from home should play with his home club. Yet have no problem taking in imports when lads are far from home and wish to play ball.
You are a walking contradiction!

Jesus the clubmen in Clon must be delighted with the bs you rave on about on the football forums.

If the man is working in Dublin surely that's not realistic!! Fair play to him playing at a very good level in Dublin.
Good to see he is being considered by his home county.

You think that local lads in the Clonakilty hinterland are best served leaving their clubs 10 mins out the road to join Clonakilty because they are a senior club, but a man in Dublin playing at a higher level and 3.5 hrs from home should play with his home club. Yet have no problem taking in imports when lads are far from home and wish to play ball.
You are a walking contradiction!

Jesus the clubmen in Clon must be delighted with the bs you rave on about on the football forums.
We have 2 Clon men living and working in Dublin. Both are training with a club in Dublin and are travelling home to play with us every 2 weeks. I suppose football just means more to our guys.

I just find it strange that a guy won’t commit to travelling home even once a month to play with his club yet is happy enough to commit to a development squad, which won’t ever play a competitive game.

We have 2 Clon men living and working in Dublin. Both are training with a club in Dublin and are travelling home to play with us every 2 weeks. I suppose football just means more to our guys.

I just find it strange that a guy won’t commit to travelling home even once a month to play with his club yet is happy enough to commit to a development squad, which won’t ever play a competitive game.
I certainly would not presume to know what's going on that mans life, each to their own, he's entitled to it.
Fair play to those lads who are making that commitment to Clonakilty.

I certainly would not presume to know what's going on that mans life, each to their own, he's entitled to it.
Fair play to those lads who are making that commitment to Clonakilty.
I wouldn’t either but it’s fair to assume he has sufficient free time on his hands to travel 4 hours to play a friendly mid week.

Agreed, kudos to the Clon men. They aren’t our first or last to do so.

That's a very fair point. Jesus Fox....If you weren't such a class A wind up merchant, you'd make a fantastic contributor!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼