Cork Footballers

Injuries are inevitable! The nature of the fixture schedule will test all panels, the Cork panel will be 100% tested in the new Sam Maguire format anyone thinking otherwise is with the birds! ( on the assumption they qualify for Sam, which at present they are not, a positive result this weekend would go a long way to doing that ) Lads are not machines and its not surprising some of the most influential players, Taylor & Hurley are out at present considering they are putting everything into the games to date... both have been very impressive in the main. I would like to see some players who have not started been given an opportunity this weekend.

Including the Derry game, Cork if they qualify for a Munster final will play 4 games in the next 7 weeks.

Following the provincial comp, there is a 2 week break, and then 3 group games in 3 weeks!

If they qualify as a runner up or 3rd place then they go again the next week, so 4 games in 4 weeks!

God knows what the team will look like if Cork managed to reach a Q final, which would be a super achievement lets be honest if they play 8 games in next 13 weeks!

Anyone picking up a muscle injury is going to miss alot of football. The importance of a strong panel cannot be over stated...in contrast this is where the likes of Galway and Mayo will coast through the groups stages of Sam Maguire until the serious business begins. One of these teams will also have more time to prepare for the group stages with the draw in Connaught being one sided. The carrot to coming out of this side of the draw in the west could result in a handy group and automatic qualification to a q final.

Interesting to see who is on this panel, not sure are some players injured... notable absences for me are, presume some of the Carberry lads
on this panel are lining out with their own division.

Eanna O' Hanlon - Kilshannig
Conor O' Keeffe - Newmarket
Kevin Cremin - Boherbue
Adam Hennessy & Robbie Cotter - St Michaels

Again not familiar if these lads would have declined an invite. Kilmurry well represented.

Interesting to see who is on this panel, not sure are some players injured... notable absences for me are, presume some of the Carberry lads
on this panel are lining out with their own division.

Eanna O' Hanlon - Kilshannig
Conor O' Keeffe - Newmarket
Kevin Cremin - Boherbue
Adam Hennessy & Robbie Cotter - St Michaels

Again not familiar if these lads would have declined an invite. Kilmurry well represented.
I think a few of them are on the extended (40) of the senior panel.

Anyone know what's the story with Blake Murphy. I thought he was going to be the next superstar. He gave one of the all time great performances at underage level in the Munster final at u20 /21
a few years back but doesn't seem to have made the transition to senior????

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

29th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼