Cork Footballers

Fantastic response from Cork this week. Interesting to see Meath banging goals past Clare also, maybe they are more of a direct threat than anyone realised last week

Bizarre result considering how last week went for both teams. It would be interesting to hear from anyone there whether Kildare were leggy, or badly set up, or whether Cork were as good as the scoreline suggests.

Also great to hear they were moving the ball more quickly with foot passing. The defensive problems last week got a lot of attention, but Cork also looked too one-dimensional and predictable in possession. Fixing that would be a huge step forward.

I'm shocked at that result. I've been to league games there and it's usually a really tough place to get a result

They were coming off a 1 point defeat in CP and we had a demoralising home defeat.

I thought we'd get tanked and would have zero points and a terrible score difference after 3 games.

Huge, huge respect for this group of players and management- great job and so important to rebuild Cork Football

Finally Cavenagh & Brolly - take that you gobshites

Last edited:
I’m
Point for O'Mahony.
Went for goal, it seems, but off the crossbar and over for a point.
1-11 to 0-0

really should have sent that to Sherlock.

some real positives,
the defending really frustrated Kildare. Looked well organised, and no panicking. I thought that’s what we’d have last week.
good work rate all over the field
great subs bench - all made an impact and there’s a real feel of cover now in most lines.
they were prepared for and handled the second half Kildare backlash.
brian o’driscoll - far more team stuff, very little ‘look at me’ stuff - him or Hurley for man of the match.

Not so positives,
took an age to pull McSweeney once he tired an his head went,
if anyone twigs that 90% of Martin’s kick outs are to Ian Maguire standing in the left wing then we’re goosed. I assume he’s told to do that. Good fun watching him take his time today, riling up Kildare team and support, making it look like he was thinking things through before the kick out when the world knew it was going to Maguire out in the left touchline.

Great performance glad I travelled. Great team performance I thought Sherlock was superb, his work rate was superb brought an amount of ball out fro the full back line Tommy Walsh& Luke Fahey had a great games .I Was v disappointed with Connor Corbett must get more game time to improve. He got about 15 minutes got on 5 balls and gave away 4 of them

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Shlomo Franklin

The Richmond Revival, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼