Cork Footballers

Seriously lacking half forwards. O Mahony, Hurley and Sherlock are a dangerous inside line.
McSweeney probably doesn’t have the pace for top level inter county (although still a talented player) and for years we have been crying out for skilful half forwards to replace the footballing ability of players such as Kerrigan / Paddy Kelly. Hopefully o Hanlon can hit the ground running
Adding Shanley, Meehan and Daniel O Mahony will certainly make for a formidable defence
As always the S&C will be the determining factor - hopefully we have made up some of the ground this year as we definitely have a good crop of players once they physically can compete

Also I hear O Connell from Kanturk has picked up a crutiate ligament injury which was his reason for being sidelined for final. Anyone have knowledge on this?
Yeah Daniel O Connell has done his second cruciate poor lad , we look forward to seeing back.

The whites and clancy forget about.Tom not up to it and Sean white very average at best.Mark White,Liam O Donovan and Shanley the only clon players for the team.
Clancy walks into the Cork team as our best full back, no question.

Sean White, I understand the doubts as he was only a dependable but not outstanding performer under Ronan McCarthy. But bear in mind he was played out of position, he is a far better option facing up the field ,in the half back line, as shown when he moved there for Clon, and his u21 performances when he looked like one of the best players at this grade in the country.

Get those 5 guys in the team and watch this team go to another level.

Clancy walks into the Cork team as our best full back, no question.

Sean White, I understand the doubts as he was only a dependable but not outstanding performer under Ronan McCarthy. But bear in mind he was played out of position, he is a far better option facing up the field ,in the half back line, as shown when he moved there for Clon, and his u21 performances when he looked like one of the best players at this grade in the country.

Get those 5 guys in the team and watch this team go to another level.
Yes I would give Sean White a go at half Back but he aint there so no good.Its forwards we need any way not backs.If we get every 1 fit our Backs will be ok it forward up the problems start.Sherlock is very similar to Connolly to me way two slow and not aggressive enough where are the Con O Callaghans or Rian O Neils in Cork can win there own ball and take men on at speed we just dont have them im afraid.

Yes I would give Sean White a go at half Back but he aint there so no good.Its forwards we need any way not backs.If we get every 1 fit our Backs will be ok it forward up the problems start.Sherlock is very similar to Connolly to me way two slow and not aggressive enough where are the Con O Callaghans or Rian O Neils in Cork can win there own ball and take men on at speed we just dont have them im afraid.
Conor Corbett back from injury, hopefully will fulfill his potential. For whatever reason, Cork unlike Kerry, has never been able to get the best out of young players. From minor footballer of the year a few years ago, to an also ran in the Cork setup,indicates something seriously amiss.

Does anyone know if Kevin O'Donovan, Conor Counihan & Aidan O'Connell ever present progress reports on the 5 yr plan to the co board? It started in 2019 so we are well into it. Do we have a games manager? Most of the performance measures in the 5 yr plan are vague but even so, lots have not been met. I am sure those responsible will blame covid.

Just wondering from soundings th only new players on the panel are Brian O Driscoll and Cathal Maguire ...dont think Conor Horgan is at this standard...
Neither is Cathal Maguire he is average and a club player at best.We have very little Im afraid and that is why Brian Hayes and Brian Harnett are huge losses to the team.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

25th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

The Insiders

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼