Cork Cycling infrastructure

Is parking on a cycle lane against the law . Outside a school for instance when the 2nd level babies are being collected.

I would encourage any bmx cyclists to treat motorised obstacles in the cycle lane as a sort of bmx parkour. Can't be helped if the bike tyres are covered in grit

Same as the rule banning the use of mobile phones by people driving cars.

True. I'm astounded by the number of people who drive really expensive cars with all mod cons but won't go the extra hundred quid to have a hands free kit. Even seen some clowns on bikes with their phones out too :roll:

True. I'm astounded by the number of people who drive really expensive cars with all mod cons but won't go the extra hundred quid to have a hands free kit. Even seen some clowns on bikes with their phones out too :roll:

Even the most basic new car these days has Bluetooth as standard. It's just laziness.

Cork is an absolutely ideal size for cycling.

The problem is where people are working/living. People live in the suburbs, and more people work in outer spots like little island, the airport, ballincollig, man on, Apple, etc. than do inside in the centre. We need to have good orbital cycling routes, but the more people we can have working in the centre and docklands the easier it would be to get people on bikes, as well use buses trains.

I live in London and don't have a car after having one for 10 years. It's fucking fantastic. No tax, nct, insurance or the random shit you have to spend keeping them on the road. Obviously a totally different city, but even when back now I'll happily walk distances into town I wouldn't have considered before, and cycling would be doddle. If i moved back to cork with the wife I wouldn't dream of having two cars between us like most couples appear to do.

Stay in London.

Everyone wins.

I saw a guard giving tickets to cars parked in the cycle lane near the silver quay last week. Before Christmas I actually saw a van from Cork fire brigade parked in that cycle lane. Where would ya get it lads!!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 8:30pm

More events ▼