Cork City Fire Brigade

Job well done on all accounts

I have no idea what resources that the City Fire Service had to employ there, I am imaging at least 2 pumps from Anglesea St, that is being Conservative.

So after midnight 2 pumps gone from the City Centre all the way to the West of Ballincollig.

That maybe left enough crew in there to man another pump.

So if God forbid there was a house fire say in Mahon while that was going on in Ballincollig, the service is suddenly very thin on the ground

Then yes there is Ballyvolane too, another crew up there and 2 pumps, however only enough to crew the one.

So what if there was 3 incidents at the one time?

Then a 4 th call came in.

As I said, the City Council are a very thin thread here

So it seems to some that the appropriate fire cover for Ballincollig is now all sorted out.

The solution is now in effect, there is an extra operational pump working in Anglesea Street Station, during the day time hours.

How that is a solution, God only knows.

So it seems to some that the appropriate fire cover for Ballincollig is now all sorted out.

The solution is now in effect, there is an extra operational pump working in Anglesea Street Station, during the day time hours.

How that is a solution, God only knows.
Be interesting to see response times for incidents in and around the Ballincollig area from before and now, from Anglesea St. Given that Anglesea St. is manned 24/7, they are on the road in minutes. Time to incident would be (massively time of day dependant)15-20 minutes?? For a retained crew who have to receive the call, drop what they are doing and get to base/kitted up/mobile etc, I wonder what the difference is?

The more pumps available the better obviously as, with all emergency services, you're paid for what you can do, not what you do do.

Be interesting to see response times for incidents in and around the Ballincollig area from before and now, from Anglesea St. Given that Anglesea St. is manned 24/7, they are on the road in minutes. Time to incident would be (massively time of day dependant)15-20 minutes?? For a retained crew who have to receive the call, drop what they are doing and get to base/kitted up/mobile etc, I wonder what the difference is?

The more pumps available the better obviously as, with all emergency services, you're paid for what you can do, not what you do do.
Bang on there, but there are other factors like, is there another incident occurring when that Ballincollig shout comes in.
This extra crew is as such only during day time shifts.

I know that on many occasions the city crews get to calls before County crews while responding to incidents in the County.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Roscoe

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:30pm

More events ▼