cork airport to go (temporarily) BANG!

Again just concentrate on terrorism.

Technology is constantly advancing, both Boeing and Airbus now have planes which are more than capable of taking off and landing at Cork serving the US.

Really? I seem to remember there was only one type of plane previously flying out of Cork on transatlantic schedule.

And while technology has at long last been fitted to Cork Airport to deal with landing and taking off in the fog that hadn't always been the case. For over 40 years of it's life time Cork Airport was at the mercy of fog, and planes having to be diverted to Shannon with passengers disembarking and completing the final part of their journey from abroad aboard a bus. Or those wishing to fly abroad having to drive to different Irish airports to make their journey.

But hey, that fogbound plateau is meteorologically and geographically better than East Cork :roll: which had better road and a connecting rail network as well as being closer and easier to get to for people from beyond Cork that one would hope to attract as customers too.

Really? I seem to remember there was only one type of plane previously flying out of Cork on transatlantic schedule.

And while technology has at long last been fitted to Cork Airport to deal with landing and taking off in the fog that hadn't always been the case. For over 40 years of it's life time Cork Airport was at the mercy of fog, and planes having to be diverted to Shannon with passengers disembarking and completing the final part of their journey from abroad aboard a bus. Or those wishing to fly abroad having to drive to different Irish airports to make their journey.

But hey, that fogbound plateau is meteorologically and geographically better than East Cork :roll: which had better road and a connecting rail network as well as being closer and easier to get to for people from beyond Cork that one would hope to attract as customers too.

I suppose you do not know that Shannon can be fog bound and that Dublin can be fog bound?

That cross winds can also effect landings and that plenty of planes have been diverted from Shannon and Dublin to Cork over the years?

Go and look at the stats you fucking idiot.

Facts are just not your thing.

It was all just bi-planes and Zeppelin airships in your day.

It was all just bi-planes and Zeppelin airships in your day.

:lol:

Cork Airport is older than me.

Alas a very decent neighbour of mine died in the Tuskar Rock disaster. That was my first memory of anyone I knew flying. He was an absolute gent to all us children of the neighbourhood. May he and all the others that perished that day rest in peace.

Alas a very decent neighbour of mine died in the Tuskar Rock disaster. That was my first memory of anyone I knew flying. He was an absolute gent to all us children of the neighbourhood. May he and all the others that perished that day rest in peace.

And I suppose in your head the reason for that crash was because the airport was not built in East Cork

There is a monument listing the name of those who died on the grounds
of Ballyphehane church,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jennifer Lyons

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼