cork airport to go (temporarily) BANG!

Given that the airport is currently running at something like 5% (?) capacity why is there a wait until Autumn to do carry out the repairs? It was rumoured to be happening many many weeks ago. Just how many months does it take to put the necessary crew and materials in place?

Unreal!!!

They announced this a few weeks back and there was quite a funny thread on the Echo or Examiner facebook page where there were a plethora of the usual idiots saying it was a disgrace that they weren't doing this during the full lockdown, the airport people are stupid, the gubbermint are stupid etc etc.

One fella, obviously with some knowledge of what planning goes into major multi-million construction projects, took it upon himself to continually pwn the lot of them getting into the specifics of why you couldn't just press the button and send out the builders.

A brief moment of hilarity in an otherwise depressing sea of facebook stooges.

No jimmy, it's proof that a Fianna Fail hack got seen after when his land was used to build it.
It is fog bound and south of the river putting it further from a hinterland of potential customers.

Cork Airport had allegedly been pencilled in for east Cork but FF (yeah I know, you're a "SF voter") were up to their tricks.

And off he goes yet again criticizing the Government, all you are showing yourself to be is a mouthpiece for the IRA on this forum.

I have no idea of the voting patterns of whoever owned the land in which the airport was built on over 50 years ago.

But i can tell you one thing for sure, get you bloody facts right because there were technical and geographical reasons as to why the airport could not have been built on that site in East Cork

And off he goes yet again criticizing the Government, all you are showing yourself to be is a mouthpiece for the IRA on this forum.

I have no idea of the voting patterns of whoever owned the land in which the airport was built on over 50 years ago.

But i can tell you one thing for sure, get you bloody facts right because there were technical and geographical reasons as to why the airport could not have been built on that site in East Cork

And he was probably in FF at the time :)

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brian O Broin

Dwyers Of Cork, Tomorrow @ 9:30pm

More events ▼