Bonfire Night

Is this still a thing? will we have local politicians complaining next week that the council havent come to
clean up the green area in the estate which was destroyed by the bonfire?

Once me and my mate Gordon made a bonna for bonna night. We were about 13 or 14. It was a daycint bonna but out of nowhere an ESB man came along and shut the thing down. This was down in the dunkettle area of Glanmire. We actually made the bonna right under power lines! . We were probably lucky as the wires could have came down on our noggins.
It was a cool fire mind you. We managed to snag a load of tractor tires.

What a woke world we have today.

It went from Bonfire night, to Councils staging controlled bonfires, to fun and games fire-less night with colouring books and Bubba Shakespeare rapping in the background 😃

What a woke world we have today.

It went from Bonfire night, to Councils staging controlled bonfires, to fun and games fire-less night with colouring books and Bubba Shakespeare rapping in the background 😃

I hate woke but bonfires are stupid, dangerous, classless, pollutant, Neanderthal etc. It's not a matter of wokeness it's do with outlawing something extremely dangerous and environmentally disastrous.
There's always serious incidents at them every year and they completely wreck the area. Then the denizens expect the council to clean up after them.

Last edited:
I hate woke but bonfires are stupid, dangerous, classless, pollutant, Neanderthal etc. It's not a matter of wokeness it's do with outlawing stupid extremely dangerous and environmentally disastrous.
There's always serious incidents at them every year.

I’m a 70’s child, Puss. I like fires. The hotter the better 😃🔥

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼