Bishop Con Lucy Park

He gave a car crash interview with PJ, Your point about the thousands of devout catholics is a good point, There was a campaign lately to make rte drop the angelus, but what harm is it doing? Its a minute of reflection and if it brings a bit of solace to people then fine by me, Religion brings comfort to many
especially those of a certain age, Moron is just trying to be populist
here,

Well said Jimmy, heard it too and he’s about as convincing as wet toilet paper. Taking the angelus away is a dangerous step, religious freedom is lost on these fools.

Lol Ebun Joseph park

What about Louise O’Neill park?

Well said Jimmy, heard it too and he’s about as convincing as wet toilet paper. Taking the angelus away is a dangerous step, religious freedom is lost on these fools.

Lol Ebun Joseph park

Well we do have Mick Barry road,:D

Lol Ebun Joseph park

:shock:

I thought that RTE had done away with the Angelus - well with the over RC aspect of it anyway. Now it's just a time of reflection for any and all religions, or indeed none.

Don't hear the peal of bells around the city as much as I did in former years either.

I'm sure those who pray to their God(s) will still find time to do so whether bells ring or not.

He gave a car crash interview with PJ, Your point about the thousands of devout catholics is a good point, There was a campaign lately to make rte drop the angelus, but what harm is it doing? Its a minute of reflection and if it brings a bit of solace to people then fine by me, Religion brings comfort to many
especially those of a certain age, Moron is just trying to be populist
here,

The rape/blasphemy sketch that RTE did was another example of this. People say that sure only older people are religious and offended by it. Ah yeah, sure it's only our parents and grandparents, and those who have given their whole life to Ireland and our society. Sure who cares about their beliefs?

Moron should stick to moaning about coffee cups and ozone layer. He's fucked now anyway because he'll be getting a strongly worded e-mail from one of the PROCs most respected scholars, our own Bishop Lucey.

Lol Ebun Joseph park

I could care less and name every park after a local wizard if you wish, but having a call to prayer on a government funded television station is the exact opposite of religious freedom.

The rape/blasphemy sketch that RTE did was another example of this. People say that sure only older people are religious and offended by it. Ah yeah, sure it's only our parents and grandparents, and those who have given their whole life to Ireland and our society. Sure who cares about their beliefs?

Moron should stick to moaning about coffee cups and ozone layer. He's fucked now anyway because he'll be getting a strongly worded e-mail from one of the PROCs most respected scholars, our own Bishop Lucey.

Respected scholars????? Dan???? The closest he ever came to scholarly was studying a term on US Foreign Policy in UCC and thinking that made him an expert on all things historical and all things to do with the US

"respected scholar" :lol:

I could care less and name every park after a local wizard if you wish, but having a call to prayer on a government funded television station is the exact opposite of religious freedom.

It's not a call to prayer.

It's a moment of reflection before the evening news.

Go home Yank, like a good man.

I thought that RTE had done away with the Angelus - well with the over RC aspect of it anyway. Now it's just a time of reflection for any and all religions, or indeed none.

Don't hear the peal of bells around the city as much as I did in former years either.

I'm sure those who pray to their God(s) will still find time to do so whether bells ring or not.

Yes there are no more RC symbols on it,

Is it still a call to prayer though? I thought they'd done away with the religious iconography and just have it as a minute of reflection at the end of the working day kinda thing

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Ceili By The Lee

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 7:30pm

More events ▼