Bishop Con Lucy Park

Roxetten

The Green party councillor Oliver Moran wants Bishop Lucy Park to be renamed in the light of the mother and baby homes report.

He also wants the prayer before council meetings to be scrapoed and he wants some bridge near Bessborough to be renamed because it's name has Catholic connotations.

I'm officially done with the Green party now.

The Green party councillor Oliver Moran wants Bishop Lucy Park to be renamed in the light of the mother and baby homes report.

He also wants the prayer before council meetings to be scrapoed and he wants some bridge near Bessborough to be renamed because it's name has Catholic connotations.

There is votes for this kind of carry on, Judge public opinion on social
media and hop on board,

There not going far enough St Patrick Street named after the founder of the catholic church here should also be changed and rename Bishopstown Victimstown in memory of all those who died in the mother and child homes
I am sure one and maybe 2 of my local TD.s will support the Green Party with this.

Seem to recall there being a campaign on at the time for the park in question to be named Christy Ring Park, as he used to live in a (long since gone building) on the corner of Tuckey Street and Grand Parade. Park got the name it did and Christy's name was given to the bridge by the Opera House instead.

I remember an elderly neighbour of mine used to call particularly big plain digestive biscuits "Connie Dodgers" as apparently he had sent out some edict on the "one meal and two collations" that the collations could only be two dry biscuits and a cup of tea - and these were huge biscuits

That's how much of an influence the church had on society in former generations.

Relatives of mine were in Peru a few years back and had occasion to go into some impressive church building that they'd admired. While there they got talking to an English speaking priest and explained where they were from and the whole tie-in between the Diocese of Cork and Ross and the Missions in Peru - anyone from my generation would remember well the various collections for the Missions in Peru (a more modern version of collections for the Missions in Africa). They said the priest looked at them blankly and assured them that as far as he knew there was no such tie up at all. Wonder where all that money went.

Begorrah !...They must be devastated Rox, did they know how much you cared?

What about the thousands and thousands of people in Ireland who are devout Catholics? Do Dickheads like greenfingers here see no place for them?

He can fuck right off.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼