Benny does it again.

"While the venue operated as Ziggy's from 2006, the manager of The Park, John Grace told CorkBeo that the wheel has come full circle, as the pub predating the much-loved rock and blues bar was McCabe's first ever bar."
Is there a hidden message for the PROC in this? Patrons of the Cyclists thread take note.

Does Benny have some super-pwn of Drucker and the pro-global warming brigade brewing?

Cyprus Avenue is easily the best venue in Cork since they did the upgrade. Sound is always good, easy to get a drink, toilets in good nick, ticket prices ok, good mix of genres and stuff on for a lot of tastes.

Oak not my kind of place tbh. Pre pandemic it was all young Europeans at night. The days of it being full of local wrinkled flange are well gone.

Cyprus Avenue is easily the best venue in Cork since they did the upgrade. Sound is always good, easy to get a drink, toilets in good nick, ticket prices ok, good mix of genres and stuff on for a lot of tastes.

Oak not my kind of place tbh. Pre pandemic it was all young Europeans at night. The days of it being full of local wrinkled flange are well gone.
Isn't that positive?

Usually they think deeply about the names of their venues so I assume there's some meaning to it that goes beyond the wedding-venue-in-Killarney vibe off it.

Presumably it's a nod to the nearby Bishop Lucy Park - though lord knows what he did to have one of the few public parks in the city named after him.

Now had the "gang", as Cork Beo described them, called it The Bish, Connie's, or even The Palace (poseurs and aforementioned bishop) it might have been better imho

Presumably it's a nod to the nearby Bishop Lucy Park - though lord knows what he did to have one of the few public parks in the city named after him.

Now had the "gang", as Cork Beo described them, called it The Bish, Connie's, or even The Palace (poseurs and aforementioned bishop) it might have been better imho
Stop will ya SoundY, you'll get poor Dan all riled up .

Lucey saw the Credit Unions in the U.S. in the 50s and how they were able to benefit their members.

He was instrumental in setting up the first Credit Union in the south of Ireland in Ballyphehane in the 1950s.

He built 13 churches in Cork and set up the St. Anne's adoption society in Cork.

Percieved as a Conservative he often used his confirmation speeches to tackle societal issues of the day.

Himself and O'Rahilly in UCC were instrumental in appointing more liberal figures like Jim Goode in the college (even though they later were involved in controversy, they reconciled on the missions.)

He devoted the last years of his life to the missions in Africa.

He was either going to be honoured with a bridge or a park. His lifelong love of gardening meant his family opted for a park to be named after him.

No surprise you are completely ignorant of one of Cork's more famous sons. If they wernt murdering women and children you've no interest I suppose.

Lucey saw the Credit Unions in the U.S. in the 50s and how they were able to benefit their members.

He was instrumental in setting up the first Credit Union in the south of Ireland in Ballyphehane in the 1950s.

He built 13 churches in Cork and set up the St. Anne's adoption society in Cork.

Percieved as a Conservative he often used his confirmation speeches to tackle societal issues of the day.

Himself and O'Rahilly in UCC were instrumental in appointing more liberal figures like Jim Goode in the college (even though they later were involved in controversy, they reconciled on the missions.)

He devoted the last years of his life to the missions in Africa.

He was either going to be honoured with a bridge or a park. His lifelong love of gardening meant his family opted for a park to be named after him.

No surprise you are completely ignorant of one of Cork's more famous sons. If they wernt murdering women and children you've no interest I suppose.
He fell out with Good over contraceptives I believe but they later became firm friends and never discussed the issue again.

# looked it up to appear intelligent lol.

He fell out with Good over contraceptives I believe but they later became firm friends and never discussed the issue again.

# looked it up to appear intelligent lol.

I interviewed Goode a few years ago for a project I was doing (an absolute gent).

He said himself and Lucey were good friends in the end. Lucey was instrumental in getting him his post in UCC.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

THE TAN JACKETS

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11:50pm

More events ▼