Acdc

Watched some of the live show they did last night in the US. Brian Johnsons voice is shot to pieces now unfortunately. He cant do the high notes anymore. Hes 76 now though in fairness. I think a tour could be a disaster if they decide to do it.

Watched some of the live show they did last night in the US. Brian Johnsons voice is shot to pieces now unfortunately. He cant do the high notes anymore. Hes 76 now though in fairness. I think a tour could be a disaster if they decide to do it.

Yep, hadn't realised he was that old to be honest. He was sick for a while too. They drafted in Axl Rose for a tour, who's voice is pretty well shot to bits also.

Yep, hadn't realised he was that old to be honest. He was sick for a while too. They drafted in Axl Rose for a tour, who's voice is pretty well shot to bits also.

His hearing was bollixed. He got something done to solve the problem and was able to record "Power Up" with them.

"Power Up" is a brilliant album so late in their career.

I watched the band's Power Trip performance. Let's be real - Brian's voice is shot. But, hey, he's 76, so it can't be much of a surprise. He's done extraordinarily well over his career to maintain a very good performance level even with that raspy shriek, which has to be very hard on the vocal chords.

Rest of the band very good. Angus's fingers aren't as smooth as they used to be (again, Father Time), but he's still an icon. Cliff and Stevie were solid as a rock, and Matt Laug fit in so naturally. You could almost close your eyes and think it was Rudd.

I watched the band's Power Trip performance. Let's be real - Brian's voice is shot. But, hey, he's 76, so it can't be much of a surprise. He's done extraordinarily well over his career to maintain a very good performance level even with that raspy shriek, which has to be very hard on the vocal chords.

Rest of the band very good. Angus's fingers aren't as smooth as they used to be (again, Father Time), but he's still an icon. Cliff and Stevie were solid as a rock, and Matt Laug fit in so naturally. You could almost close your eyes and think it was Rudd.

Is there a decent quality live video knocking about? All the bits that I've seen are poor phone camera stuff.

You're right though, Johnson's voice is not great at all on what I heard. Hard to tell without a true mix of course but on the evidence presented - poor.

Is there a decent quality live video knocking about? All the bits that I've seen are poor phone camera stuff.

You're right though, Johnson's voice is not great at all on what I heard. Hard to tell without a true mix of course but on the evidence presented - poor.
You may not be able to appreciate the full power of the band's sound from the videos, but you can tell a bum note.

The other thing with Brian was that he seemed to be rocking a bit of a gut. Again, at 76, I really can't say that as too much of a criticism, but Brian's very young at heart, and I think he'll be looking at that and thinking, "Jesus, I've got to do something about that."

Brian has retooled a lot of vocal melodies in the live songs since the Black Ice tour and done a nice job of it, but there does come a point where the cumulative effect of that means the songs aren't hitting the same. Some of those melodies are integral to the songs.

I haven't seen them live since the "Ballbreaker" tour. I don't think that I've seen much live stuff in full in a long time either. I'm interested to hear these retooled melodies out of curiosity.

I prefer the Bon Scott era overall but there's no defying the commercial and diamond hard rock songs that Johnson worked on in the 1980s.

They just announced a European tour for next Summer. Irish date included but no info yet. Would love it to be down the Pairc but more than likely it will probably be the Aviva. €400 for a hotel room. Fuck that.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Sean Hardware

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼