2023 Senior A hurling

Newcestown deserved their win. Some club to be fair.

That purple patch the the first half sealed it. Goals win games. The were extremely dogged near the end.

Blarney are a hard team to outscore at this level with their firepower but I think they might have blown their best chance now even allowing for them being a pretty young team.

Best ref we have by a mile

Was down PUC today and I must say best €18 I have spent in a long time . 2 great entertaining games and I agree with you that MacAllistar is a great referee .

He let game flow and we were treated to a great game with two teams giving it everything. Blarney started the better and looked like they were going to put down a marker with 3 good points but Newcestownn turned game on its head with 2 quick goals and a few points and Blarney were always going to find it difficult from there .

In fairness they kept going and came back to within a point with time nearly up and I was thinking they will get the equaliser but Newcestown to their credit went up and got the 2 point cushion and that was it . I think overall nothing between two good teams and a pity there had to be a loser but. It was Newcestown’s day and they deserve all the plaudits they get 👏

Stop boom boom, you’ve been giving it the big one since day one how blarney are the best team and will beat Newcestown handy showing them no respect, reality is ye didn’t deserve to be there and bottled it
You can show me where I said anything remotely like that in your own time there...

As for the rest of your assessment about today's game it says it all about your agenda...

Last edited:
Congrats to Newcestown, well deserved win after a seriously impressive proformance.

Real shame for Marc Sheehan not getting to present the cup to Blarney considering he lives there, but that minor fact didn't stop him sitting on the CCC hearing of the Blarney objection. As corrupt a county board chairman as you could find!

Mad to think that 12 months ago Newcestown finished bottom of the table in the group stages, in a group that included Cloyne, Fermoy & Mallow.
A lot of talk about the return of their local S&C guy, Niall McIntyre, last winter, he has done some job steering them through their packed schedule - hearing he has been recently given a GDA position, excellent if true

Congrats to Newcestown, well deserved win after a seriously impressive proformance.

Real shame for Marc Sheehan not getting to present the cup to Blarney considering he lives there, but that minor fact didn't stop him sitting on the CCC hearing of the Blarney objection. As corrupt a county board chairman as you could find!
That's harsh now in fairness, Sheehan to me comes across as a very ordinary guy who doesn't go looking for any attention or drama. Where someone lives means zero in this day and age

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼