2023 Senior A hurling

And another option was a replay. How often have you heard of a Gaa team been thrown out for such an infraction? More often than not its a replay.

Stop being so dramatic.
Follow the thread and learn the rules.
There was several options available to CCB under the rules.
Teams being thrown out of competitions for fielding incorrectly has been happening for 125years.. very rarely nowadays as registration is so tight & it’s so rare a team management (even down at U12) make the sort of cock up that happened last Saturday

One would have to feel for the referee in the last game. Got a high profile game, did his best but this is the outcome. I understand some referees in the county can be poor but without them we’d have no championships. Hopefully lessons will be learned going forward

One would have to feel for the referee in the last game. Got a high profile game, did his best but this is the outcome. I understand some referees in the county can be poor but without them we’d have no championships. Hopefully lessons will be learned going forward
Who'd be a ref these days. I wish fellas would stop shouting at them looking for frees and then complaining that they didn't let the game flow. Idiots.

He had same game at same stage last year afaik, Courceys v Ballyhea...go back through the comments on that one...

I think a lot of the refs at that level would do a whole lot better and enjoy it more if they were less dictator like in there actions and interactions - its like a lot of them are on one massive ego trip, too much hot air being blown up them by Co Board and each other - need to chill out a small bit, be confident without being p***ks, take zero tolerance approach to abusive foul language from sideline & just do their job for the players on pitch

Last edited:
I see Bride and Blarney supporters are being charged €18 for the privilege of watching the refixture.
Surely anyone who paid to see the original fixture should be admitted free?
Not a good look for Cork GAA imo.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

31st Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Cathal Fitz

Cantys, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼