2023 Premier SHC

Imokilly will be kicking themselves with all the wides today and also having to play lads who had already played yesterday so not sure Denis Ring made the best use of his bench and waited u til lads were out on their feet before changing them. Interesting that none of the Castlelyons lads played so it’s clear their priorities were with the club. Having said that Sars, who I thought were shockingly bad for most of the game in normal time really came good when the going got tough and Cathal McCarthy was outstanding as was Leopold, Leahy, O Connor, Murphy, Kearney - lots of pace but they only really played for the first 10 minutes, the last 10 minutes plus extra time.

Midleton showed real grit to win the second game even though the Barrs looked like they had done enough. Barrs looked a much better balanced team but Lehane’s frees kept Midleton in touch. O Connell and Maloney hurled well for Midleton as did Finn but they looked a little lightweight in attack for long spells until the goal. Barrs will be kicking themselves but paid the price for not taking a few goal chances.

Midleton may just suit Sars in the final as I think Sars have more of a scoring spread and their pace will be hard to stop

Potential new Cork players worth a look - McCarthy ( Sars ) very good player and could probably play anywhere but was used as spare man by Sars, Eoin Davis ( Imokilly ) and Saunderson ( Midleton ) both very good in goals and at times I really liked the look of Diarmuid Healy and Jack Leahy for Imokilly - two very young lads who have size and hurling and who will only get better. The best player on view though was Buckley from the Barrs and if he continues to strengthen up he has the skill, speed and accuracy to play Senior with Cork

2 absolutely shocking games today. You can see why Cork hurling is in trouble. Not one Cork player, maybeeeee Conor Lehane, stood out.

Sars Midleton will be a good final, Cahlane should have see red for the tackle,

Square balls for both the Midleton and Sars equaliser goals,

Was waiting for the crowd to die down after , Jack Cahalane was being carried out by Damien, hope he’s alright,

Midleton player snapped his Achilles tendon celebrating one of the team told me. Poor fella.

To all the people mocking the poor man umpiring who got injured, ye should be ashamed. They are only volunteers just helping out.

One would have to be concerned at the poor standards of Cork senior hurling as evidenced by the 2 recent double headers. Bottom line - nothing to see here folks. Well certainly very little. Lot of poor hurling on view again today. Imokilly were very poor for long periods yet could/should have won. Sars started and finished well but played very poorly in between.

Barrs only played on patches again yet could/should have won. Midleton did very little to win that game except just making their frees and hanging in there. From a Cork hurling perspective- virtually nothing to see. Buckley from the Barrs looked very good but probably too light to make it at i/c level.

Went to the Park expecting 2 crackers, came home thinking God help whichever team is playing Ballygunner, I get how some lads here are pissed with divisions but the County Board has alot to answer for, expecting lads to play 2 days in a row, why did they fix game yesterday @ 5.00 and not earlier, Player welfare has to come into this regardless whether you agree with divisions or not. We expect the Joyce lad to be the Anchor man for the next 10 years but still the board give him Zero respect this weekend, bet it wouldn't happen in Limerick

Went to the Park expecting 2 crackers, came home thinking God help whichever team is playing Ballygunner, I get how some lads here are pissed with divisions but the County Board has alot to answer for, expecting lads to play 2 days in a row, why did they fix game yesterday @ 5.00 and not earlier, Player welfare has to come into this regardless whether you agree with divisions or not. We expect the Joyce lad to be the Anchor man for the next 10 years but still the board give him Zero respect this weekend, bet it wouldn't happen in Limerick
The flip side of that is that divisions have endless depth so can use a fit player if they feel a player is too tired from playing the day before? It’s not an ideal situation of course but there shouldn’t be an over-accommodation of the divisions either. The clubs don’t have the same type of depth to turn to.

It doesn’t say a lot that the two clubs contesting the final don’t really have an exceptional or regular with Cork. Lehane is inconsistent and there are panelists involved but you need to top players for Cork producing the goods for their clubs to the point of getting them to county finals. The second game today was really poor.

It doesn’t say a lot that the two clubs contesting the final don’t really have an exceptional or regular with Cork. Lehane is inconsistent and there are panelists involved but you need to top players for Cork producing the goods for their clubs to the point of getting them to county finals. The second game today was really poor.
Spot on

"it doesn’t say a lot" = it's irrelevant.
I agree, it is irrelevant that neither Midleton nor Sars have "exceptional" Cork players in their teams.

Cork players are drawn from multiple clubs, bit of an ask for the one or two "regular" Cork players in each club to be dragging them to a final year on year.

It's still a team game, there's still room for the slolely club players to play their part.

Ridiculously harsh criticism of the quality of the games as well.

"it doesn’t say a lot" = it's irrelevant.
I agree, it is irrelevant that neither Midleton nor Sars have "exceptional" Cork players in their teams.

Cork players are drawn from multiple clubs, bit of an ask for the one or two "regular" Cork players in each club to be dragging them to a final year on year.

It's still a team game, there's still room for the slolely club players to play their part.

Ridiculously harsh criticism of the quality of the games as well.
Hear hear.

If the board were looking after player welfare they’d offer Newcestown a week off for their players to recover
Think they’ve played 9 of the last 10 weeks

Finished football game on orange warning day in Coachford around 5pm on a Sunday after extra time v Kanturk

Out 6 days later then in Pairc for first game in double header v Carrig. Why not fix it for Sunday and give them an extra fay

Promote both codes and you’re shafted if successful
Promote one code and you have all the time in the world to match prep

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Pav, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼