2023 Premier SHC

Talking to a disgusted and devastated Glen man in Fermoy tonight. The club as a whole is toxic from top to bottom. Ousted their manager last year after 8 months, fighting in training, Although it’s very sad they are gone, They deserve it for refusing the blood young players, 3 great minor teams , 1 of which won it, didn’t get a sniff.
If it's true that Glen Rovers insisted the Downey's didn't go to America in the summer like other Cork players then it is in a sad state of affairs and the man you spoke to in Fermoy maybe correct regarding the current situation within the club.

Agreed, but why not let the players have their day down the Pairc ?? Not all about the supporters believe it or not.
Agreed, given the weather for the preceding few days it meant they got to play on a decent pitch as well.
North Stand was full enough for there to have been plenty noise and excitement IF the way the games panned out had provoked it.

Atmosphere for the first game was killed by the stop start nature and the amount of errors made. Wouldn't have mattered where it was played.
I agree with whoever said that Blackrock are not suited to playing the ball through the lines, or maybe need to work on it more, either way it broke down too much.
Was there an unholy amount of sidelines in that game?

Douglas v Imokilly will never set a stand on fire, Imokilly don't have the support.
They were class yesterday but not sure whether that was because Douglas didn't lay a glove on 'em.
They won't get that time and space v Sars.
Daire O'L was immense, nice to see Cooper rolling back the years too!

The layoff will kill Midleton. Barrs to beat them with a peak performance.

Our guys will have our hands full with Imokilly. Thing about us though is no matter who we play we always make hard work of a close game. I don’t think there will be much in it and hoping the game the night before goes to extra time.

I’m going to dream and say a Sars Barrs final. I’ll show myself here as being a much better winner than red and blue was last year.

Blackrock tried to beat Sars playing a running game that is much more natural to Sars.

Blackrock are a huge physical team and there was a different way to skin the cat for them yesterday I think.

Instead their game plan saw them doing an awful lot of hard running and the ball ending up being shot from far out the pitch....the inside forwards had the beating of their men and should have been going crazy at the lads out the pitch.

Blackrock looked tired after 45 mins while Sars were just playing their natural game and in fairness played very well in parts. They stood up to the early physical exchanges and took their scores.

Sars definitely showed a lot of bottle yesterday.
I thought the Blackrock forwards were poor.... apart from Robbie Cotter.
The introduction of Alan Connolly changed the game. It shows how heavily they rely on him and I thought his display showed that he believes that too. He tried to do too much on his own, but what an exciting player.
Vital for Cork and Blackrock that he can get fit and stay fit.
I thought he should have come on at half time... but I am not privy to his fitness situation and I am guessing the management knew what length they could get from him.

I thought the Blackrock forwards were poor.... apart from Robbie Cotter.
The introduction of Alan Connolly changed the game. It shows how heavily they rely on him and I thought his display showed that he believes that too. He tried to do too much on his own, but what an exciting player.
Vital for Cork and Blackrock that he can get fit and stay fit.
I thought he should have come on at half time... but I am not privy to his fitness situation and I am guessing the management knew what length they could get from him.
Robbie cotter was unlucky late on with one pass which was slightly behind his teammate, They were in on goal if the teammate had collected it in his stride

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Kates
Crane Lane Theatre, Phoenix St.

2nd Mar 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Tony Roberts

The Welcome Inn, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼