2023 Premier SHC

Double header in the park yesterday was a disaster on so many levels. No atmosphere whatsoever. First game was one of the worst games of senior hurling I’ve seen in over 10 years. First touch was non existent- shocking wides, terrible use of possession. Blackrock in particular seemed to have no game plan whatsoever. Sars were only slightly better as evidenced by nearly losing the game at the death.

Douglas continued the horrendous hurling on view so thank god at least for Imokilly who played some great stuff. A bleak day in the park yesterday from a Cork hurling perspective.

Double header in the park yesterday was a disaster on so many levels. No atmosphere whatsoever. First game was one of the worst games of senior hurling I’ve seen in over 10 years. First touch was non existent- shocking wides, terrible use of possession. Blackrock in particular seemed to have no game plan whatsoever. Sars were only slightly better as evidenced by nearly losing the game at the death.

Douglas continued the horrendous hurling on view so thank god at least for Imokilly who played some great stuff. A bleak day in the park yesterday from a Cork hurling perspective.
Pairc Ui Rinn would've done the job and looked a bit better on tv.

That is 2 highly paid outside Coaches the Rockies have employed and Zero results.

Blackrock tried to beat Sars playing a running game that is much more natural to Sars.

Blackrock are a huge physical team and there was a different way to skin the cat for them yesterday I think.

Instead their game plan saw them doing an awful lot of hard running and the ball ending up being shot from far out the pitch....the inside forwards had the beating of their men and should have been going crazy at the lads out the pitch.

Blackrock looked tired after 45 mins while Sars were just playing their natural game and in fairness played very well in parts. They stood up to the early physical exchanges and took their scores.

Sars definitely showed a lot of bottle yesterday.

Awful games in PUC yesterday alright. The first game was a dull, boring affair. Running game just does not suit the Rockies. The ref, whistle happy, and the free taking throughout was poor which led the wide count being significantly high. I'd fancy Imokilly to beat Sars handy tbh. Barrs Midleton will be a toss up, with a slight nod going to Midleton.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Best Of Irish Comedy
The Roundy, Castle St.

17th May 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Sunday & Bank Holiday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 2pm

More events ▼