2023 Premier sfc

Do you know whats gonna happen in Bandon on Sunday? Another dose of 2 teams afraid to go for it knowing well a draw will do t
See above Joe. If BH gets more than 2 scores from play it’ll be a minor miracle.

Himself and Clancy would be an interesting watch, TC put him on his arse sharpish last year when Hurley tried the hard man act. I suspect Brian will have learned his lesson and will be a very quiet boy on Sunday.
Are you in Ahamilla yet?

The more I read what you are saying the more I'm beginning to think 4pm on Sunday in Charlie Hurley Park is going to be something akin to Enniskeane 3 weeks ago. An hour of two teams afraid to go for it because both know a draw will suffice as the chances of Carbery Rangers beating Valley's by 7 or more is slim giving their poor scoring in the championship.
You haven't mentioned Gough or Daly in a while.

Brian Hurley will do the talking on Sunday if the Haven go for it. Unless ye park the bus across Charlie!

Drove through Bandon today, noticed the town is looking very well at the minute. Stopped for a coffee and shared this opinion with a local.
He told me that the local community were delighted to be hosting a Clon game and they had gone to the extra effort preparing for the match.
As a Clon man myself, I would forget at times the difference it makes to decent, ordinary folks when Clon come to town.
It’s the same for the Harlem Globetrotters, All Blacks, Man United etc.
Once he heard where I was from he insisted on paying for my coffee- what a gent!

Let’s hope we get a great game on Sunday!!

No doubt Sean is a huge loss Joe. He’s one of the best footballers in the county and probably our best player. However we still have enough to beat the Haven. We’ll need him back for the potential quarter vs the Barrs though.

Clon bench certainly not weak, plenty of unknown names yes, but some incredible young talents ready to make names for themselves: Ferg Murphy, David O’Sullivan, Aaron Cullinane, Tomas Donnabhain all hugely promising guys who could come in to the

Drove through Bandon today, noticed the town is looking very well at the minute. Stopped for a coffee and shared this opinion with a local.
He told me that the local community were delighted to be hosting a Clon game and they had gone to the extra effort preparing for the match.
As a Clon man myself, I would forget at times the difference it makes to decent, ordinary folks when Clon come to town.
Once he heard where I was from he insisted on paying for my coffee- what a gent!

I thought you & Foxy would be in Rossmore this evening. Especially given the replacements for Sean White are playing ( as per Foxy). Yer Club asked ye to support both teams but I suppose ye are assuming squatters rights in Charlie Hurley Park.

The people of Clon are going to bring zero to Bandon Town Sunday. Unless ye are moving the match to the Mart yard or playground, maybe then the town would benefit.
What the people of Bandon have to do with a football match 🙄

To be fair to Trav and Foxy, they're some poster(s) to promote a game. I'd normally have no more than a passing interest in a group game involving Castlehaven and Clonakilty, now I'm fully invested. Cork GAA could use their skills.

Come on the Haven!!!

Imposters more like! I'm presuming the silence means both are supporting their second team in Rossmore tonight. Which also means a very quiet Ahamilla 🤫

To be fair to Trav and Foxy, they're some poster(s) to promote a game. I'd normally have no more than a passing interest in a group game involving Castlehaven and Clonakilty, now I'm fully invested. Cork GAA could use their skills.

Come on the Haven!!!
Indeed it’s great to see the football discussion thriving on this forum. It seems that every second post is about Clon on this thread. So clearly the boys from the brewery town have awakened something in fellas around here.

Very true Trav. I know the people of enniskeane were apoplectic when the venue was changed for this game. It would have been a huge boon to their village and club to stage 2 Clon games in one summer.

Several thousand people will be through the gates in Bandon. Clon are the best supported club in Cork if not the country. The pubs in Bandon will do very well if we win. It’s just a pity that Seanie & Lillies is no longer open. What a great spot after Clon games that was.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

10th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Va Va Voom!

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼