Search results

1. O

Junior A Football 2023

Yea I agree JA will be weak but with teams coming down now (thank god) it will get tougher and I can see it getting as competitive as it was around earlier on in the decade.
  2. O

Junior A Football 2023

I think this was to be expected this year as the way the board went about creating the PJ grade meant Muskerry became almost like a county championship last year with Canovee and Kilmurry both strong favourites for the county itself. Kilmurry edged the battle but Canovee have caught up with them...
  3. O

Junior A Football 2023

Canovee by 8+
  4. O

Junior A Football 2023

Yes but no one relegated last year
  5. O

Junior A Football 2023

8 teams gone from this grade and no one down to it. Will take a couple of years before this and premier junior even themselves out and become competitive.
  6. O

Junior A Football 2023

Good day for football, Canovee by 2 in muskerry.
  7. O

Junior A Football 2023

I actually feel the premier junior grade wasn’t necessarily needed, I think the 4 relegated last year should’ve dropped to junior A and no one promoted. A lot of the junior A divisions are filled with glorified junior B teams and 2/3 at most good teams. However on the opposite of the that...
  8. O

2023 Premier SHC

I don’t think the Barrs are struggling , they’ve arguably the two most talented panels in both competitions. I said city clubs are struggling and I’m sure you’ll admit before this golden generation, the hurlers were just keeping the head above the water. However what I’m trying to say is that...
  9. O

2023 Premier SHC

While traditionally the three big clubs in cork hurling, Barrs, Rockies and the Glen, had the three biggest population bases in the county. That has changed dramatically now, people are living outside the city now and the three biggest populations are probably Ballincollig, Carrigaline and...
  10. O

Junior A Football 2023

Mid Cork will get interesting after next weekend, Canovee have a full panel for the first time in a few years after cloughduv were knocked out yesterday. Inniscarra will presumably be concentrating on the Senior A relegation match which could get in the way of the football. Eire Og hurlers...
  11. O

2023 Premier SHC

I think your point about bringing others into play is huge in the cork setup. Cork tend to pick the 6 best forwards who put together superb individual performances for their clubs rather than picking the best 6 who play well together and bring out the best in each forward. This gets the team so...
  12. O

Cork Footballers

Getting out of the group is as far as cork will go
  13. O

Junior A Football Championship 2022

That Duhallow championship is weak now so I would pay no attention to Cullens results there. Think they’d be one of the weaker divisional winners.
  14. O

An exciting game, Kilmurry deserved their win. Canovee levelled it after being four points down but Kilmurry kicked the last 3 points to win it. Canovee disappointed they never got up to Kilmurry’s work rate and fell apart on their own kickout. Kilmurry strong all through and will be tough to beat.
  15. O

Hard to call. I would go Canovee - Inniscarra Canovee will take Kilmurry I think, both strong but Canovee have more firepower I think. Only thing is Canovee have a lot of dual players whereas Kilmurry have little to none. This is even harder to call, Aghinagh haven’t got going yet but a good...
  16. O

2022 Intermediate A hurling

Ridiculously competitive grade this, I’d say at the start of year every club bar Meelin and Douglas second team had realistic ambitions of winning this grade out. The step up to Premier intermediate is massive however, Blackrock came straight back down, Eire Og are struggling this year too and...
  17. O

Does anyone know what happens with the county winners of the junior football? I know the divisional winners get promoted to Premier Junior grade but is the county just being played to determine a Cork representative in Munster or are the winners moved up to Intermediate A also? I think 3...
  18. O

Muskerry Semi Finals: Canovee vs Kilmurry Aghinagh vs Inniscarra 4 best teams in the semi finals. Canovee and Inniscarra to make the final with Inniscarra shading it would be my pick. However there’s not much between all 4 teams so wouldn’t be surprised if the complete opposite happened either.
  19. O

Inniscarra will be tough to beat in this grade as they seem to have got their act together with a talented team and arguably the best player in this grade in Sean O Donoghue, up there with Brian O Driscoll and Gore as the top 3.
  20. O

Cork Footballers

I thought Flahive did very well on Clifford with similar support to what presumably Shanley will have. Going to be a tough to go up against one of the clear top two forwards in the country with our 3rd choice (?) man marker. I know it’s ifs and buts and fellas are on about players playing...