Junior A Football 2023

Only against Clon though… doesn’t count
😂😂
We are seeing even on here that they are spineless
Wind destroyed that game .alltho tbf the barryroe half and full forward line did wreck .I would question their full back line and kick outs as they conceded a very soft goal .but clon weren't the team to capitalise on that

Weekend RoundUp Football MidCork:

Blarney 6 v 15 Grenagh: Comfortable win for Grenagh, were up 10points to 1 at half time. Grenagh showed good point shooting from distance and a tight defence which limited Blarney's scoring opportunities. Grenagh play a nice counter attacking style with a lot of young players, Blarney very poor lot of unforced turnovers and poor shooting for majority. Seemed to be missing a few bodies from last round, most notably in Shane Barrett.

Aghinagh 18 v 1-10 Beal Atha: Tough, physical game but Aghinagh will be happy to come out the right side of it. Sometimes game got overly too physical with mulitple cards for both teams, Aghinagh with a red (player got 2 yellows), both teams got black cards for cynical fouling and plenty yellows. Aghinagh showing again a strong squad of players but will have to improve discipline when facing the stronger teams such as a Canovee. Aghinagh remain undefeated and quietly going about their business, will be hoping to make lateral stages of competition.

Mid Cork will get interesting after next weekend, Canovee have a full panel for the first time in a few years after cloughduv were knocked out yesterday. Inniscarra will presumably be concentrating on the Senior A relegation match which could get in the way of the football. Eire Og hurlers knocked out yesterday so a they could have some extra bodies with the football team next weekend too. This leaves Blarney, Kilmichael and Grenagh as the last remaining dual clubs in the competition. Can’t see Blarney taking it seriously with the hurling going well, kilmichael are struggling big time with injuries and were very weak in the hurling on Friday. Grenaghbgoing well in both so should lead to a good knockout stages

From what I’ve seen it’s hard to look k beyond Canovee as I think they are well above other teams and would hold their own in premier junior .Canovee for county imo .

From what I’ve seen it’s hard to look k beyond Canovee as I think they are well above other teams and would hold their own in premier junior .Canovee for county imo .
Fully agree with this. The only team i think can stop them is aghinagh as always seem to have something on them..must be to do with their pitch being in Aghinagh.

Fully agree with this. The only team i think can stop them is aghinagh as always seem to have something on them..must be to do with their pitch being in Aghinagh.

Exactly and with a lot of local derbies the favs don’t always prevail..I said Aghinagh v canovee final if they avoid each other at start of year but think canovee have a bit too much for them as year goes on .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Kidnapped (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 1:45pm

More events ▼