Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

Casuir (Hammer) I hope that in the event that someone who disagrees with Ross won't give him a slap. Violence on any side will be condemned by me and hopefully by you.
Casuir 😂
You missed Irish the day they learned about hammers. From your replies on the other threads it appears it wasn’t just Irish you missed.

All those warm fuzzy words about reaching out to unionists and reassuring them about life in a UI are just words,
I saw a wattsapp video during the week of a child no more than four years of age teaching a parrot how to say up the Ra,
Person recording sniggering away,
SF can engage in Whataboutery all they like on this with the likes of Conor Murphy but it's not a good look for them. I'm sure there's a more subtle way of dealing with the past than this. This will harden some of the middle ground to be very, very sceptical of a UI imho.

SF can engage in Whataboutery all they like on this with the likes of Conor Murphy but it's not a good look for them. I'm sure there's a more subtle way of dealing with the past than this. This will harden some of the middle ground to be very, very sceptical of a UI imho.

So, Finucane very obviously has skin in the game.

But look wider.......it's coming into marching season, there's a split in the DUP about returning to Stormont, CHH is about to give hardliners what they will call a veto and Finucane's seat represents, is almost totemic of the minority position unionism sees itself in.

As for commemorations .......noone knows what Finucane is going to say. His father was murdered by an RUC Special Branch informer in the UDA. A UDA still active, still recruiting, still with arms. No one seems to care Emma Little Pengelly and Arlene Foster attended the funeral of Willie Frazer of Glenanne Gang fame. No one bats an eyelid when Mervyn Gibson and senior DUP leadership openly meet and share platforms with UVF and other loyalist paramilitaries, indeed openly meeting with them to discuss "strategies". Active, armed, non decommissioned terrorists, 25 years after the GFA.

Another point as I've posted before is the broader republican movement has some rubicons that cannot be completely crossed yet. It's important to acknowledge that what MM and LV do at Béal na mBláth is, in meaning, no different to what Finucane will do at the weekend. The old IRA didn't get to 1921 by sending strongly worded letters.

Lastly, in an ideal world there'd be no need for either. In fact I'd go further and say that SF changing tack on this would further demonstrate their resolve in planning for the future, especially when unionism will spend the summer with loyalist paramilitary parades and speakers eulogising the likes of Michael Stone and others.

You can't just look at this as the commemoration Finucane is attending in isolation. We need to be able to assess things in the round. I've a feeling they will alter what happens at the weekend.

Originally from there. Is he back there again?

What chemist? The old school blue one by the post office?

Thats Ross’s voice. Same fella that’s on the other thread about PrimeTime and he harassing people trying to do their jobs in town. Ross will get the sense slapped into him soon enough the way he’s behaving.
The Chemist was Daltons Pharmacy on North Main Street.
They interviewed the owner.

But look wider.......it's coming into marching season, there's a split in the DUP about returning to Stormont, CHH is about to give hardliners what they will call a veto and Finucane's seat represents, is almost totemic of the minority position unionism sees itself in.

As for commemorations .......noone knows what Finucane is going to say. His father was murdered by an RUC Special Branch informer in the UDA. A UDA still active, still recruiting, still with arms. No one seems to care Emma Little Pengelly and Arlene Foster attended the funeral of Willie Frazer of Glenanne Gang fame. No one bats an eyelid when Mervyn Gibson and senior DUP leadership openly meet and share platforms with UVF and other loyalist paramilitaries, indeed openly meeting with them to discuss "strategies". Active, armed, non decommissioned terrorists, 25 years after the GFA.

Another point as I've posted before is the broader republican movement has some rubicons that cannot be completely crossed yet. It's important to acknowledge that what MM and LV do at Béal na mBláth is, in meaning, no different to what Finucane will do at the weekend. The old IRA didn't get to 1921 by sending strongly worded letters.

Lastly, in an ideal world there'd be no need for either. In fact I'd go further and say that SF changing tack on this would further demonstrate their resolve in planning for the future, especially when unionism will spend the summer with loyalist paramilitary parades and speakers eulogising the likes of Michael Stone and others.

You can't just look at this as the commemoration Finucane is attending in isolation. We need to be able to assess things in the round. I've a feeling they will alter what happens at the weekend.
The passing of time will see SF abandon these commemorations, Right now it is about keeping both camps happy,

All those warm fuzzy words about reaching out to unionists and reassuring them about life in a UI are just words,
I saw a wattsapp video during the week of a child no more than four years of age teaching a parrot how to say up the Ra,
Person recording sniggering away,
A parrot saying up the Ra. 😲
Wait till you hear Mehole saying who he wouldn't go into coalition with in 2020.
Or that we're all in this pandemic together.
And when Leo said the Children's hospital would be built/how much it would cost.
Not to forget Fatty O Brien saying a 250,000 deficit in housing supply isn't a crisis.
But ya, a parrot is the problem in this country🤦‍♂️

A parrot saying up the Ra. 😲
Wait till you hear Mehole saying who he wouldn't go into coalition with in 2020.
Or that we're all in this pandemic together.
And when Leo said the Children's hospital would be built/how much it would cost.
Not to forget Fatty O Brien saying a 250,000 deficit in housing supply isn't a crisis.
But ya, a parrot is the problem in this country🤦‍♂️
Nope the issue is a child younger than four teaching the parrot while the person recording sniggers,
What hope for the future? Is all this talk of reconciliation and understanding a load of crap?

Nope the issue is a child younger than four teaching the parrot while the person recording sniggers,
What hope for the future? Is all this talk of reconciliation and understanding a load of crap?
As I said take it in the round. Watch kids and babies at orange parades all summer listening to flute bands " up to their neck in fenian blood".

It ALL needs to stop.

Apparently there's a UVF volunteer commemoration in East Belfast next weekend with DUP attendance.

But there's no outrage about that.

It ALL needs to stop.

I agree with you.Commerations for guys such as Collins and Liam Lynch etc is disgusting. They were terrorists and caused millions of pounds at that time to the country resulting in Ireland being a poor country.
Both Leo and MM are closet IRA/SF supporters and will come out when it suits them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼