Sinn Fein are not a Normal Political Party

As I said take it in the round. Watch kids and babies at orange parades all summer listening to flute bands " up to their neck in fenian blood".

It ALL needs to stop.

Apparently there's a UVF volunteer commemoration in East Belfast next weekend with DUP attendance.

But there's no outrage about that.

It ALL needs to stop.
The difference is SF are always talking about understanding, building bridges etc etc, The loyalists never talk of this and their
hatred and bile is unyielding,

Nope the issue is a child younger than four teaching the parrot while the person recording sniggers,
What hope for the future? Is all this talk of reconciliation and understanding a load of crap?
So 1 child under 4 represents the whole of NI does it?
Give me a break.
The Tories in the UK are taking the committee they themselves set up to court, we have record homelessness here, 20 people died on our streets of homelessness between January and March 2023, we have a Tánaiste who boasts about being the only government to bring in an eviction ban, a housing Minister who thinks a deficit of 250,000 homes isn't a crisis, a Taoiseach who leaked documents and record hospital waiting lists...and that's the tip of the iceberg.
But a parrot is your big problem. 🤦‍♂️

As I said take it in the round. Watch kids and babies at orange parades all summer listening to flute bands " up to their neck in fenian blood".

It ALL needs to stop.

Apparently there's a UVF volunteer commemoration in East Belfast next weekend with DUP attendance.

But there's no outrage about that.

It ALL needs to stop.
Do you ever think that they just might like it just the way it is?

Lording it over each other with displays of tribal bigotry and ignorance for 3+ centuries now?

It is never ever going to stop which is why we will never have a "United" Ireland if a lot of the people are simply sectarian savages.

Do you ever think that they just might like it just the way it is?

Lording it over each other with displays of tribal bigotry and ignorance for 3+ centuries now?

It is never ever going to stop which is why we will never have a "United" Ireland if a lot of the people are simply sectarian savages.
No I don't.
For 3 centuries ? Each other? You know better than that.
People aren't sectarian savages and a UI is going to happen..

NI politics is identity politics. For 3 centuries the dominant identity baked in to NI was unionist/loyalist.
Democracy and equality has now put unionism and loyalist identity in the minority. When the time comes, no one will be taking Britishness or British citizenship or British identity away from anyone.

My point was the best way to continue to normalise society is for it all to stop. On ALL sides. Democracy will take care of the rest.

No I don't.
For 3 centuries ? Each other? You know better than that.
People aren't sectarian savages and a UI is going to happen..

NI politics is identity politics. For 3 centuries the dominant identity baked in to NI was unionist/loyalist.
Democracy and equality has now put unionism and loyalist identity in the minority. When the time comes, no one will be taking Britishness or British citizenship or British identity away from anyone.

My point was the best way to continue to normalise society is for it all to stop. On ALL sides. Democracy will take care of the rest.

Is "Democracy" taking care of the rest right now?

The D.U.P. boycotting Stormont for 17 months now?

The D.U.P. wants to be treated the same as the rest of the U.K. and it is now objecting to the imposition of U.K. abortion rights today.

The sectarian savages will again set the agenda be it UVF or dissident Republicans and the politician's who cozy up to them (Hello Jeffrey) in an act of desperation.

Identities are baked in hard and getting more polarised than ever.

The DUP have an absolute bigotry and hatred of all things Irish/Ireland that goes far, far deeper than any so called love of the Union or being British. They are becoming more outdated and a dying breed with each passing year. They have always been pro loyalist terrorism, whether they made that implicit or explicit. Now, to no surprise, we see that they are Democrats only when Unionism/Loyalism holds the balance of power.

However, it's not the DUP that SF now needs to concern themselves with. It is the middle ground and having such commemorations do not look good for their optics and gives Unionists/Loyalists a stick to beat them with, which in turn will only serve to make moderate Unionists/Middle Grounders to stay far, far away from what they will perceive as a continued/same-same SF/IRA sponsored UI.

Last edited:
EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Old Moderns
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

5th May 2024 @ 10:00 pm
More info..

Brian Kenny: Tempus Futurum

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 6pm

More events ▼