Cork Hurlers - Part 2

2 weeks in a row where a wing back has hit 4 points against us, perhaps and it’s just a maybe we might want to look at that tactic of wing forwards dropping so far off and understand that at this level it will be found out, if you leave hayes, burned and hannon with space you are fucked. And no puck out should be going straight out over the line, happens too often for this level

He made Kingston's goal. I'd have him on every day of the week.

Trying him corner forward without trialing it at any stage in the season is nonsense.

Lads here foaming at the mouth because we lost by a single point to a superb side playing at home. A side that were the only team to beat Limerick in the championship in four years. Kelly and O'Donnell were incredible there today, extremely difficult to mark.

I thought Damien Cahalane was a real leader in the second half especially when Tommy was struggling big time. That point he scored from deep was what you'd be looking for from a senior player.

We ve been at this level now for a few years. A decent side with loads of potential but falling a bit short. Really hope we can kick on.

He made Kingston's goal. I'd have him on every day of the week.

Trying him corner forward without trialing it at any stage in the season is nonsense.

Lads here foaming at the mouth because we lost by a single point to a superb side playing at home. A side that were the only team to beat Limerick in the championship in four years. Kelly and O'Donnell were incredible there today, extremely difficult to mark.

I thought Damien Cahalane was a real leader in the second half especially when Tommy was struggling big time. That point he scored from deep was what you'd be looking for from a senior player.

We ve been at this level now for a few years. A decent side with loads of potential but falling a bit short. Really hope we can kick on.
To me that’s some of the problem, one or two box office moments guarantees him a start the next day when he did nothing otherwise. I think he’d do better if he knew his place wasn’t a certainty.
Agreed in that there’s no shame in losing to them in their home place. Just leaves us in a tricky position to get through but still capable.

2 weeks in a row where a wing back has hit 4 points against us, perhaps and it’s just a maybe we might want to look at that tactic of wing forwards dropping so far off and understand that at this level it will be found out, if you leave hayes, burned and hannon with space you are fucked. And no puck out should be going straight out over the line, happens too often for this level
Whatever about half backs being free earlier in the game, that’s frustrating enough but to be given the freedom of the park with 30 seconds to go is crazy stuff. Surely man to man at that late stage and give nothing easy, if you still concede the score so be it.

You want to put Millerick on Flanagan ?
Hurling suicide.
No I think that those 6 backs should be on the field to mark the 6 limerick forwards . Probably O Donoghue on Flanagan and O Leary on Gillane . Damo on Hegarty Downey on Morrisey . Leaving Millerick possibly on Cian Lynch with Joyce holding whoever comes to 11. I think hurling suicide is a strong phrase as I thought Millerick looked ok today when he came in.

Fully trust Pat and the lads, getting out of Munster is an achievement in itself. Not sure if we will do it but I’m sure they will give it everything they have and that’s all we can ask for. We were not good today and in my opinion Clare should have won by more. We did show character and heart to get back into it and that must be applauded. Must compliment D Cahalane, thought he was our best back. B Roche and Luke Meade today didn’t let the side down. There is more in Fitz, Dalton didn’t have his best game unfortunately with his man getting 4 points and the mom award but was v good v Tipp and is needed next week to have a big game, a true test for him to see where he’s at. Pat has some big calls to make, will Hoggie/Harnedy/Lehane have a full game in their legs in a week? Limerick for the first time since 2017 in my opinion are beatable this is our best chance to do so. Are they coming again or are they just not goin well ? I think it’s 50/50, the axis of Lynch and Hegarty which killed us the last few years arent playing well which leaves me believing we have a chance but I feel we need 3 goals to do so. Agree with R&B that we need pace inside next week.

Yeah, he's an awful pain in the h*le, especially when it comes to Cork but even he would be better than yer wan who seems to be utterly clueless
What a truly arrogant little madam with delusions of grandeur, thinking she could start the show today with an ambush of Donal og.

As others have said, she was made to look like a little girl, totally and utterly out of her depth.

Could have got a draw from today or even scraped a win but the reality is we once again only played for about 50 minutes and the periods when we go to sleep we make mistakes on the ball, are way too louse and as a result cough up scores.

Look if someone had told us that we would be heading into knockout championship territory on May 28 we would have taken it so we just have to keep moving. There is easily another 20-30% in that Cork team and we lost by a point to a very good side. The full back line was very good overall I thought and Damien once again outstanding, Joyce got on a lot of ball even if he was a bit loose at times and Downey was excellent and gave great deliveries into the forwards. TOC is not a natural defender and this is now becoming obvious but let’s not throw a good hurler under the bus. Collins hung him with one puck out which didn’t go to hand ( criminal and Collins did the same to Downey late on against Tipp ) and I think it affected his confidence thereafter. Meade and Roche excellent until they tired and Harnedy worked very hard but that is not enough players firing together to win a match. Kingston made a difference when he came in.

We can beat Limerick and if we want to have a chance of rattling an AI then we need to win what are all knockout games from now on. No panic just determination is what is needed now and my team v Limerick would be :-

Collins
NOL Damien SOD
RD. Joyce. ED
Tim. Meade Fitz
Harnedy Dalton Twomey
Hoggy. Kingston

Not long back from Ennis and after watching it back again. I must say it was an electric atmosphere and a grain of rice would have tipped the scales. After watching it back on tv again I feel this game was left behind us on the line . Tommy O Connell should have been pulled off Tony Kelly after 14 seconds, I was baffled to see him come back on again after the blood sub and shed two more scores , I need not go further into this match up as im
Certain it was very plain to see by all . Dalton, Lehane and Conor Cahalane should not have started , we had better options on the bench.

Met a man coming out and he said if Kieran Kingston had this bunch for another year (as reports say was the players wish) that we would be in a munster final now headed to Limerick to give a few fellows a run, after watching this game back , I cant disagree. Unfortunately we are staring down the barrel at our first ever knockout from the round robin .

Damien Cahalane was excellent today .

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼