Cork Hurlers - Part 2

Hate to be critical of lads but I wouldn’t mind seeing him on the bench. Dreadful today, Conlon bullied him and I can’t see who in the Limerick team he can get the better of.
I think that’s a fair assessment of Darraghs performance today. I’d still have him in the team the next day. He’s a special talent on his day. I’d also have Tim on the next day. Himself and Darragh should need no motivation to stick it to their neighbours up the road in Limerick.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Darragh getting a go inside. Never seen him play there before, but sure it’s worth a go for a while. He can always be switched out if it doesn’t work out. We’ve had 5+ goal chances in the last two games. We’ll need a bit of luck to get a win but sure if you’ve no hope you’ve nothing!
Leave him drift in and out. Need something different in the inside line.
I agree lads, we need someone inside who when he gets his hands on the ball it puts panic in defenders. It might give us a spark too

I think that’s a fair assessment of Darraghs performance today. I’d still have him in the team the next day. He’s a special talent on his day. I’d also have Tim on the next day. Himself and Darragh should need no motivation to stick it to their neighbours up the road in Limerick.
I get what you mean and he has the potential to be our top performer on any given day. But I think because of this he gets a bit of a free pass a lot of the time when he has performed poorly for 4 or 5 years straight now. He needs to step up next week if he gets another chance

Lads here losing their shite.

It's absolutely a work in progress. New management, with a relatively new squad.
I'm satisfied that we seem to be on an upward curve. I think we should persevere with the management and the players.
I'm sure PR didn't really expect to win an All Ireland this year.

When the AI comes, and it will come, Hoggy, Lehane and Harnedy will most likely no longer be a central part of the set up. Their role for now is to keep us somewhat competitive until the new lads mature and get fully acclimatised to the reality of senior IC championship.

We have players coming through with a winning mentality and with underage medals in their pockets. Every reason to expect them to deliver an AI senior winning team given time.
Nice to see a bit of sense in here for a change.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and the reality is Limerick, Tipp & Clare are further along in their progression than Cork are at present.

I’m delighted what Iv seen from this team but I understand there is still a lot of work to do.

I’m not writing us off by any means next week and I’m looking forward to making the trip up to Limerick

Last edited:
Hate to be critical of lads but I wouldn’t mind seeing him on the bench. Dreadful today, Conlon bullied him and I can’t see who in the Limerick team he can get the better of.
He made Kingston's goal. I'd have him on every day of the week.

Trying him corner forward without trialing it at any stage in the season is nonsense.

Lads here foaming at the mouth because we lost by a single point to a superb side playing at home. A side that were the only team to beat Limerick in the championship in four years. Kelly and O'Donnell were incredible there today, extremely difficult to mark.

I thought Damien Cahalane was a real leader in the second half especially when Tommy was struggling big time. That point he scored from deep was what you'd be looking for from a senior player.

We ve been at this level now for a few years. A decent side with loads of potential but falling a bit short. Really hope we can kick on.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Niamh Murphy & Declan Sinnott
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

23rd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Curtin // Keating: Sit Stand Smoke

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 10am

More events ▼