Cork Hurlers - Part 2

I’m commenting online here for 2 years I think and one thing is for certain I’m not brainwashed and won’t be either.
I’ve been annihilated on here for stating the obvious and how poor Cork hurling is and badly set up we are in Cork hurling.

How many people are paid employees whose job it is to run and develop Cork hurling? What repercussions will there be for them?

Grand blame away Pat Ryan, Donal O Mahony, the players, the S&C or whatever but in my opinion our shit show is so so bad overall that the buck starts and stops with the paid employees of Cork hurling.

Not you but there are plenty on here, plenty delegates and Cork supporters that get brainwashed by big words and grand interviews, some people are untouchable
As you say the questions about Cork senior hurling team continued demise should start at the very very top
On there watch unfortunately the Cork senior hurling team is going in one direction and that's backwards
It's unfortunate for some but Cork Gaa needs a reset
With new people with new ideas

Sean O'Donughe should have never been made captain of this team. Not because of the sending off, but because of the time he was standing by himself and batted down the ball to a 50/50 instead of catching the ball. Proved he is not a intercounty player right there, never mind a captain. Better players sitting at home watching than playing will be Pat Ryan's legacy
Ludicrous comment. He was one of the players everyone was lauding last week. This week he shouldnt be playing intercounty. Lmao

Ah the keeper had a very bad day. Nobody goes out to play badly and he works very hard but he was a major weak point for Cork today. Pat Ryan was giving out about the ref for the 1-1 conceded when Tim Mahony was down but you’d have to wonder what was going through Patrick’s head pucking the ball out and then blaming the ref for not stopping him.

But look, Saunderson had chances during the national league and didn’t exactly seize the jersey off him either. Bad day. The only bright spot was how bad Tipp were. If they could somehow sneak a win against Limerick you wouldn’t exactly be quaking in your boots heading to Thurles to play this Tipp side, that said they’d have every right to say the same about us.

Angry. Sad. Disappointed. Frustrated.
Watched on TV so will leave the analysis to those who were at the game.
Great effort from many but what kills me is that well flagged issues continue to cause problems… Daragh Fitz is a forward and a fine one at that. Midfield needs someone who will track back and protect our goal.
This year I’m particularly disappointed that over the course of two games we didn’t get enough ball to Connolly who on another team would be an all star this year.
Barrett brave and hard working.
Hayes an impact sub.
Robbie unfortunately not match fit and brought on prematurely today and again last week.
We need to win the U20 to at least give me hope!!!

You’re surely having a laugh? The obsession with trying to pull hard on a puck out against someone as good as Duggan. Stop the ball. Duggan like a man against a child
You should send that advice into the county board for the attention of Pat Ryan and co. They'll really appreciate your wisdom and insight. Could be a gig for you with the Examiner as well as a hot take columnist replacing Derek McGrath.

Once Clare kicked into gear we were badly outclassed I thought. They were faster, stronger & used the ball way better than we did. We fought away hard and kept at it but 1 win out of 6 is an awful record along with 2 very average league campaigns. Another year of Coleman, Fitzgibbon etc watching lads who they were just as good as play in all the big games. The county board have to make sure the right people are in charge of Joyce, Cunningham, Mullins, Healy, Leahy etc or the exact same will happen them.
You do realise we lost by two points while a man down.

Hardly totally outclassed.

Ah the keeper had a very bad day. Nobody goes out to play badly and he works very hard but he was a major weak point for Cork today. Pat Ryan was giving out about the ref for the 1-1 conceded when Tim Mahony was down but you’d have to wonder what was going through Patrick’s head pucking the ball out and then blaming the ref for not stopping him.

But look, Saunderson had chances during the national league and didn’t exactly seize the jersey off him either. Bad day. The only bright spot was how bad Tipp were. If they could somehow sneak a win against Limerick you wouldn’t exactly be quaking in your boots heading to Thurles to play this Tipp side, that said they’d have every right to say the same about us.
PR gave Saunderson ONE game , then left him out for the next game - against Offaly, a game we would have won with me playing ! What kind of message did this send to Saunderson ( and Collins ) as to what to expect for the rest of yhe year ?

I don't blame Collins . I blame the lad who picks him

Yes but at same time the last 4 losses were by 1pt, 1pt, 3pts, 2pts. So scoring plenty too.
To me that's almost what's most frustrating, every game is by a single score and we can all find mistakes each game that are costing the team. So it feels they're not miles off any day but can't get a win.
Nobody is blowing them away in the manner Limerick dispatched Tipp today
But having to reach over 30 points to win a match is too high a bar. Limiting how much is being conceded is the big issue. It has to be addressed. That know how seems to be too big and ask for the current management.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼